Spirit of Tomorrow Awards
Spirit of Tomorrow Awards are given to businesses, schools, educators and students who have been nominated for their outstanding involvement with the School Business Partnership program and their commitment to further educate and connect with tomorrow’s leaders. There are three nomination categories:
- Educator of Tomorrow - Awarded to an educator who has demonstrated leadership in the SBP program, fostering strong partnerships.
- Business Partner of Tomorrow - Awarded to a school and business/organization that have developed a strong relationship for the benefit of students.
- Student of Tomorrow - Awarded to a student or student group that has shown leadership with business partners.
Nominations are due by 5:00 pm AKST on February 15, 2023.
The Spirit of Tomorrow Awards were initiated in 1996 to recognize outstanding school-business partnerships within the Anchorage School District. At that time there were 190 partnerships. Today there are more than 400 thriving partnerships with new ones under development each day.
Award nominations are taken each year from ASD principals, SBP coordinators, teachers and community members. The selection committee is made up of SBP Board members and uses the following criteria to select award winners:
- History of partnership including dedication to the continued success of SBP
- Commitment & collaboration
- Benefits and overall student & community impact
- Outstanding integration of best practices
- Reciprocal benefits
Date and Time
Tuesday Apr 11, 2023