Anchorage ATHENA Society Luncheon
It's 2022, a new year with new ambitions and hopes for moving forward in these pandemic times. For three decades, the local ATHENA chapter has worked, with the backing of the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce, to encourage the potential of all women as valued members and leaders of our Anchorage Community. Our signature event is the recognition of those who meet this standard by inducting these leaders into the Anchorage ATHENA Society. Due to COVID, we did not select a class for 2021 but we are this year determined not to let it define us.
Our traditional luncheon will be held between 11:30 and 1 pm on Monday, March 21st at the Dena'ina Center. Tickets are $50 per person; tables of ten (10) start at $500 and can be purchased through the registration button. Should future COVID outbreaks require the event to be canceled or moved to a Zoom event, ticket money will be refunded.
As the Anchorage ATHENA Society continues to plan for the upcoming luncheon we have updated our COVID protocols. We encourage all guests to wear a mask per their level of comfort. Negative test and vaccine requirements are no longer in place.
Ticket sales are closed as we are sold out. If you are an ATHENA please contact email@example.com for seating.
Already purchased a table or ticket in 2020? Click here to see if your payment was confirmed. If your name/business is on the list RSVP to Katie Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 ATHENA Society Inductees
|Anne Zink, MD
||State of Alaska, Dept. Of Health & Social Services
||Chief Medical Officer
||Aspen Hotels of Alaska
|Celeste Hodge Growden
||Alaska Black Caucus
||Susitna Flats, LLC
||Co-Owner and Operator
|Kathy Hurlburt, MD
||Dr. Kathy Hurlburt MD Internal Medicine Practice
|Moira K Smith
||Enstar Natural Gas
||Vice President and General Counsel
||Cook Inlet Tribal Council
||Chief Administrative Officer
||Alaska Power Association
2022 ATHENA Leadership Award Recipient
Also recognized at the luncheon is Bonnie L Jack who will receive the ATHENA Society's highest honor, the 2022 ATHENA Leadership Award. Currently, she serves as the volunteer administrator for the Anchorage ATHENA Society.
2020 ATHENA Society Inductees
- Tammy Lee Ashley - Director of Program Operations, Alaska Native Justice Center
- Deena Bishop - Superintendent, Anchorage School District
- Deborah Britney - Owner, Positive Solutions, LLC
- Lori Davey - Vice President, Enterprise Market, GCI
- Valerie Nurr'araaluk Davidson - President, Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- Amy Fredeen - Chief Financial Officer & Executive Vice President, Cook Inlet Tribal Council
- Kari C. Hall - Owner, Operator, Allure Day Spa, and Hair Design
- Jodie Hettrick - recently retired Fire Chief, Anchorage Fire Department
- Cathleen N. McLaughlin - Owner/C.E.O., Restorative and Reentry Services
- Melinda Taylor - Communication Director, IBEW Local 1547
2020 ATHENA Leadership Award Recipient
The ATHENA Leadership Award, the Society's highest award, recognizes a former inductee for exceptional service. This year's recipient is Carol Gore, President/CEO, Cook Inlet Housing Authority (CIHA). Before joining CIHA, Gore was VP of Cook Inlet Region where she managed a national and Alaska-based portfolio valued at more than $200 million.