Alaska Regional Hospital
Alaska Regional Hospital has been meeting the medical needs of Alaskans for over a generation. We?re dedicated to providing our community with safe, high quality medicine and compassionate care.
With more than 1,000 employees and a medical staff of over 500 independent practitioners, Alaska Regional offers a broad spectrum of health services to the community. The hospital is the designated Shriners clinic facility in Alaska, and free immunization clinics are held monthly for area schoolchildren. Other services include free prostate cancer screenings, health education seminars, community health fairs and support groups for cancer and stroke survivors. Alaska Regional is the only non-military hospital in the state with its own landing strip, allowing the hospital?s LifeFlight Air Ambulance to transport critical care patients from the plane directly the 24-hour Emergency Room. Alaska Regional even offers free valet parking to patients and visitors.
Alaska Regional is proud of its ongoing commitment to providing the highest quality healthcare in Alaska. The hospital has consistently been accredited by The Joint Commission, the nation's leading healthcare monitoring organization. Alaska Regional is dedicated to supporting local events and organizations that promote healthcare and public safety in the state. Some of these include the Cancer Society, American Heart Association, Blood Bank of Alaska, American Lung Association in Alaska, Hospice of Anchorage, Red Cross and many others.
- Our award-winning Orthopedic & Spine Center helps you celebrate the joy of freedom and mobility.
- Alaska Regional has expert surgeons, skilled nurses, and technicians specially trained in da Vinci® robotic surgery.
- We are dedicated to proactively preventing and expertly treating heart and vascular diseases.
- Our medical professionals focus on preventive care that promotes optimal health during each stage of a woman's life.
- Our Emergency Department is ready and able to handle major trauma as well as medical emergencies.