Does your business have exciting news it wants to share with the rest of the Anchorage Chamber membership? To submit an announcement, log in to your Anchorage Chamber profile and complete a News Release. For assistance accessing your account, call (907) 272-2401.
Anchorage Chamber staff will review and approve all submissions.
Municipality of Anchorage to Distribute Cloth Masks to Community
Anchorage, Alaska: The Municipality of Anchorage Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is partnering with community organizations and other municipal departments to distribute 160,000 cloth masks to Anchorage residents beginning September 14. The EOC has done two other rounds of community mask distribution, resulting in 44,500 masks given out to residents. This round of cloth, reusable masks came from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in their effort to distribute 1,000,000 masks around the State of Alaska.
“Our ongoing priority at the EOC is to respond to the pandemic and protect the health and safety of Anchorage residents,” said Bill Falsey, Incident Commander of the Emergency Operations Center. “We know that wearing a mask helps to stop the spread of COVID-19, and we thank our partners for helping us make face coverings broadly available to community.”
Masks will be given to community members accessing services at the following organizations and departments:
- Alaska Literacy Project
- Anchorage Community Councils
- Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center
- Anchorage School District
- Catholic Social Services
- Lutheran Social Services of Alaska
- Salvation Army
- Municipal departments:
- Anchorage Health Department (Aging & Disability Resource Center, Child Care Licensing, Clinical Services, Environmental Services, Homeless Sheltering Support, Women, Infants & Children)
- Anchorage Public Libraries
- Public Transportation Department (for transit riders who do not have a mask)
Anchorage residents seeking more information about the Municipality’s COVID-19 response may email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at 343-4019.