Does your business have exciting news it wants to share with the rest of the Anchorage Chamber membership? To submit an announcement, log in to your Anchorage Chamber profile and complete a News Release. For assistance accessing your account, call (907) 272-2401.
Anchorage Chamber staff will review and approve all submissions.
Free Summer Disposal Pass Registration Opens Monday, Citywide Cleanup Kicks Off
ANCHORAGE – Municipality of Anchorage residents may register for a Free Summer Disposal Pass from the Department of Solid Waste Services (SWS) starting Monday, May 4.
- Residents can register at www.muni.org/sws for a pass that allows them disposal of one free load of garbage. Registration opens at 8 a.m. Monday, May 4 and closes at midnight Monday, May 18. Passes will be valid through Sept. 5, 2020.
- All free drop-offs must go to the Anchorage Regional Landfill in Eagle River. Passes will not be accepted at the Central Transfer Station in Midtown Anchorage. Girdwood residents may use passes at the Girdwood Transfer Station.
- Only current residents of the Municipality of Anchorage may register for a free pass. Passes are limited to one per resident.
- Loads are limited to less than 1,000 pounds and may not exceed the size of a standard pick-up truck bed. No U-Hauls or double axel trailers will be eligible for free disposal.
- Additional fees will still apply for any item containing Freon (refrigerators, freezers) or to disposal of more than 40 pounds of household hazardous waste.
The free passes are being offered in lieu of Free Dump Days which were canceled this year due to COVID-19 physical distancing requirements.
SWS continues to support Anchorage Citywide Cleanup efforts. Residents who wish to participate in Citywide Cleanup may register with the Anchorage Chamber for free orange Citywide Cleanup bags. Those bags will be accepted for free at all SWS disposal facilities May 4-31.