Does your business have exciting news it wants to share with the rest of the Anchorage Chamber membership? To submit an announcement, log in to your Anchorage Chamber profile and complete a News Release. For assistance accessing your account, call (907) 272-2401.
Anchorage Chamber staff will review and approve all submissions.
Chugach board appoints Member Advisory Council
Committee to advise board on ways to improve member engagementThe Chugach Electric Association Board of Directors has appointed 15 community members to serve on a Member Advisory Council (MAC). The MAC is designed to advise the board as an ad hoc committee on a variety of topics including how to get more engagement from Chugach members, identifying candidates for board seats and election committees, and providing input on emerging issues facing the electric industry.
“We are looking forward to the ideas and energy the MAC committee members will bring,” said Chugach Board Chair Rachel Morse. “As a larger, integrated, member-owned cooperative, we are continually striving to engage better with our members and identify ways we can better serve them.”
The MAC is made up of Chugach members from a variety of backgrounds. The members are:
- Wynne Auld, project manager, GCI Communication Corp.
- Carl Berger, retired, ED, Lower Kuskokwim Economic Development Council
- Nathaniel Betz, Director of Community Programs, Coastal Villages Region Fund
- Ryan Buchholdt, budget director, University of Alaska Anchorage
- Esther Cox, retired, educator
- Christopher Dillon, engineering manager, Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- Patrick Flynn, owner and principal, PF Solutions
- Jay Hermanson, general manager, Kuna Engineering
- Ashley Johnson, project manager, Providence Alaska Medical Center
- Kathi Johnson, realtor, Jack White Real Estate
- Leslie “Fritz” Krusen, III, retired, engineer
- Louise Lazur, retired, businesswoman
- Mitchell Roth, retired, University of Alaska professor
- Charles Scantlebury, journeyman wireman, ALCAN Electric
- Bernie Smith, retired, engineer and project manager