Does your business have exciting news it wants to share with the rest of the Anchorage Chamber membership? To submit an announcement, log in to your Anchorage Chamber profile and complete a News Release. For assistance accessing your account, call (907) 272-2401.
Anchorage Chamber staff will review and approve all submissions.
AnchorRIDES Offers New Grocery Delivery Program
The Municipality of Anchorage’s Public Transportation Department (PTD) announces a new grocery delivery service for senior citizens, age 60 and over, and for people who have disabilities that prevent them from using People Mover buses.
Starting Wednesday, September 9, people will be able to arrange for AnchorRIDES buses to pick up their orders of groceries, essential household items, and pet supplies from participating stores that offer curbside pickup. AnchorRIDES buses will deliver these items to their homes.
The service is free for customers age 60 and over through funding from an Alaska State Department of Health and Social Services grant. The service will cost $3.50 - $5.50 for all other eligible riders within the AnchorRIDES service area, depending on where they live. Pick-up times need to be scheduled one to seven days in advance.
To participate, customers must be eligible and enrolled in the AnchorRIDES program. To determine eligibility or to enroll, people should contact the AnchorRIDES Eligibility Office at 907-343-6543, option 2.
For more information and a list of participating stores CLICK HERE
To use this service:
- Call AnchorRIDES Eligibility to get set up for the service.
- Place an order to be picked up with an eligible store.
- Once the order has been placed, and a pick-up time scheduled, please call AnchorRIDES trip scheduling at 907.343.6543 one to seven (1-7) days before the scheduled pick-up and book a trip to pick up the groceries at the designated pick-up time.
- You will be given a window in which your order is set to arrive.
- AnchorRIDES will call upon arrival at your home.
- Please wear a mask and have your fare ready, in exact change, upon delivery of your groceries.