Does your business have exciting news it wants to share with the rest of the Anchorage Chamber membership? To submit an announcement, log in to your Anchorage Chamber profile and complete a News Release. For assistance accessing your account, call (907) 272-2401.
Anchorage Chamber staff will review and approve all submissions.
Alaska USA Foundation donates $84,500 to community nonprofits
May 30, 2019
Anchorage, Alaska – Alaska USA Foundation contributed $84,500 to community nonprofits in the first quarter of the year. Donation recipients include:
- $4,500 to Beacon Hill that ensures children in foster care and children at risk of going into foster care are well cared for in healthy homes.
- $5,000 to California State University San Bernardino Veterans Success Center to provide support and resources to military veterans during their journey through higher education.
- $5,000 to Alaska Legal Services which offers free civil legal services to veterans and active duty members of the armed forces; services such as family law matters, child support arrearages, veterans benefits, housing matters, disability benefits, education benefits, and employment assistance.
- $10,000 to Camp Fire Alaska to provide a safe, nurturing place for families to send their children, where they learn to develop self-confidence by challenging themselves, exploring their environment, and building healthy relationships.
- $10,000 to Arizona Housing Coalition in support of Stand Down, Inc. to help in-need and homeless veterans access vital medical, mental health, and substance abuse services.
- $50,000 to the Armed Services YMCA to provide hands-on, innovative, specialized programs and support services to military service members and their families.
More about Alaska USA Foundation
Celebrating its fifteenth year, the Alaska USA Foundation was established to support 501(c)(3) charitable organizations that provide needs-based services to children, veterans, and active duty members of the military and their families. Since its inception, the Foundation has distributed more than $2 million to these organizations and is honored to assist those that provide direct services in support of its mission. Additional information about the Alaska USA Foundation and how to get involved is available at https://www.alaskausafoundation.org.
Dan McCue, Executive Director
Alaska USA Foundation