Does your business have exciting news it wants to share with the rest of the Anchorage Chamber membership? To submit an announcement, log in to your Anchorage Chamber profile and complete a News Release. For assistance accessing your account, call (907) 272-2401.
Anchorage Chamber staff will review and approve all submissions.
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union supports COVID-19 relief efforts
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union Contributes $25,000 to Local Markets
Anchorage, Alaska – People helping people, the credit union philosophy and something Alaska USA Federal Credit Union embodies every day, shines through as Alaska USA FCU contributes $25,000 to the communities it serves. This contribution is being donated to the following organizations in support of their COVID-19 relief efforts:
- Alaska ($10,000) – United Way - AK Can Do
- AK Can Do is an initiative created through a partnership of the Alaska Community Foundation and the United Way of Anchorage and support will be directed at critical services on the frontline.
- Arizona ($5,000) – United Way - COVID-19 Fund
- Donations to the fund will be distributed in the community in order to support urgent and emerging needs including food insecurities, family support and community entities.
- California ($5,000) - United Way – SoCal COVID-19 Fund
- The SoCal COVID-19 Fund directly impacts nonprofit organizations providing direct assistance in the Inland Empire area.
- Washington ($5,000) – Northwest Harvest – COVID-19 Hunger Response Fund
- A donation to the Northwest Harvest COVID-19 Hunger Response Fund provides resources to food distribution centers across the state, allowing them to serve the individuals suffering from food insecurities due in part to the COVID-19 crisis.
In addition to monetary support, Alaska USA employees are giving back through volunteer efforts. Some are getting crafty and making masks while others are putting together food boxes to donate to their local food pantries.
“We are committed to the communities we serve, especially in times of crisis. It is our privilege and duty to help those in need through monetary and volunteer support,” said Geoff Lundfelt, president & CEO. “Alaska USA’s goal, since the onset of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, has been to keep employees and members safe and healthy, and to ensure that the credit union is here to support and serve them today and for years to come.”
More about Alaska USA
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union is a member-owned, nonprofit financial cooperative with $8.5 billion in assets and more than 675,000 members worldwide. The credit union operates more than 90 branches and service facilities in Alaska, Arizona, California and Washington State. Alaska USA offers a 24/7 Member Service Center and access to more than 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs worldwide, as well as online and mobile solutions.
Learn more at alaskausa.org.
Senior Vice President, Corporate Relations
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union