News Release: October 28, 2019
The Anchorage School Board invites anyone with a stake in the educational success of our children to participate in one of four community forums about
the future goals and direction of the Anchorage School District.
The Anchorage School Board, with support from the United Way of Anchorage and others, is seeking engagement and input from the community as part of its strategic planning process to provide guidance and direction to the Anchorage School District for the coming years.
During this phase of the process, data collected through community forums and surveys will guide the Board in setting new goals and objectives to be implemented next fall.
The Board is offering three options for stakeholders and community members to engage and help inform this critical strategic process:
1) Provide feedback through the Strategic Planning Survey. We encourage you to distribute a survey message and link to your group membership. The survey link will be sent when it opens on November 4 and will be available through November 27. A flier is attached for your convenience.
2) Upon request, facilitators will present an hour-long engagement process at your location to stakeholders and employees of your organization.
3) Participate in one of four upcoming community-wide forums:
- Service/South Region - Thursday, Nov. 7, 6:00-7:30, Goldenview Middle School
- Bartlett/East Region - Tuesday, Nov. 12, 6:00-7:30, Begich Middle School
- Chugiak/Eagle River Region - Wednesday, Nov. 13, 6:00-7:30, Mirror Lake Middle School
- Dimond/West Region - Thursday, Nov. 21, 6:00-7:30, Mears Middle School
The School Board and District Administration value the ideas and input from our community, families, students, and staff, as all are stakeholders. All feedback received in this vital phase will be considered; therefore, maximum participation is essential to the success of this process. We appreciate your assistance in providing this information to as many community stakeholders as possible.
Please let us know your preferred method of engagement. To schedule a presentation, or if you have any questions about this strategic planning process, please contact School Board Executive Assistant, Katy Grant, by email or phone (firstname.lastname@example.org 742-4315).
On behalf of the Anchorage School Board, thank you for your support and participation. We look forward to collaborating with you during this important process.
President, Anchorage School Board