Technical Writer I, II, III
Reports to: Knowledge Management Officer
Functions Supervised: N/A
Primary Functions: Assist with the research, drafting and maintenance of manuals, departmental procedures and other resources related to all Retail Financial Services (RFS) operations. This includes, but not limited to, Member Service Center (MSC), Branches, and Operations. Assist in the timely completion of various projects critical to operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a working knowledge of credit union services, culture, pricing policies, procedures, training materials, and general operations practices.
- Collaborate with business subject matter experts on the creation and maintenance of employee policy and procedure documents, as directed.
- Assist with drafting, publishing, and distributing employee communications.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of updated procedures, forms, and intranet content.
- Obtain and document appropriate review and approval on any content published or updated.
- Assist with identifying and recommending improvements to existing processes and updating supporting process documentation as appropriate.
- Partner with product and project management teams to assist with testing system enhancements, for purposes of drafting related procedures.
- Shift to different tasks as directed in order to balance department priorities in support of organizational projects and objectives.
- Follow style guidelines across platforms to produce consistent materials and messaging.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Creditable Experience in Lieu of Education: N/A.
Experience/Skills: One year of experience in financial institution operations or commensurate experience with the credit union relating to policy/procedure development and administration. Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and in Microsoft SharePoint preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience with process mapping or information mapping preferred, but not required. Strong organizational skills with strict attention to details and timeframes required. Able to work independently, handle a variety of tasks, and self-proof work.
Tenure: Assignment to the Technical Writer I, Technical Writer II or Technical Writer III will be determined by the candidate's education and experience. Advancement requires management recommendation and will be based on the candidate's certifications and/or performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer