Busy freight forwarding company has an immediate position available for a reliable and safety conscious Warehouse Associate.
Applicants must have solid communication skills, familiar with/the ability to use warehouse equipment-forklift etc.
Previous transportation or freight experience is highly preferred. Forklift certification is also preferred..
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Load and unload freight from/to all types of vehicles
- Attach tags or marking freight with appropriate identifying information
- Move freight, stock and other materials to and from storage and production areas, yard, loading docks, delivery vehicles and containers by hand, pallet jack, forklift or other required equipment
- Check specifications of materials loaded or unloaded against information contained in work order
- Complete appropriate paperwork properly
- Assist customers (over phone and face-to-face) regarding freight in a polite and professional manner
- Record numbers of units handled or moved
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs
- Warehouse cleanup
- Consistently follow all safety procedures
- Minor vehicle/equipment inspection, maintenance and cleaning
- Assist other coworkers and departments as requested
- Loading and securing flats
- Ensuring loads are compliant with water restriction requirements
This is a full-time position with wages starting at $16-$18/HR Depending on experience. Sunday-Wednesday 5pm-3am.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 months work related experience
- Forklift experience
- Able to lift 70lbs
- Steel toe boots
- Background will be reviewed
- Drug free environment