Apply online at: https://careers-charliesproduce.icims.com/jobs/2247/operations-support/job?mode=view
Charlie’s Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Los Angeles and Salt Lake City. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie’s provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees!
Complete Benefits Package Includes:
• Medical Plans with UHC and HSA/FSA available
• Vision with hardware replacement yearly!
• ESOP-Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• Holiday Pay
• College Tuition for all employees and their dependents
• On the job training
• Year round full time employment
• Employee appreciation events
These are general guidelines for the daily execution for operations support personnel. Throughout every process particular attention to food safety guidelines and personal safety practices are top priorities. Other tasks may be assigned by the Operations Manager, Warehouse Supervisor or alternate. Each should be completed with integrity. Operations personnel provides support to the Warehouse and Transportation departments as well as Customers by performing basic office functions such as answering phones and entering data into the computer system using spreadsheets and database software to maintain records. Emphasis is placed on clear communications with a diverse work force.
Qualifications and Duties:
- Receive direction from the Operations Manager, Admin Supervisor or alternate
- Execute assigned daily responsibilities, communicate any variances
- Follow all safety procedures
- Work safely, be aware of others, follow food safety guidelines
- Communicate and act professionally at all times
Customer / Sales
- Be professional and courteous at all times
- Answer phone, respond accordingly, inform appropriate personnel
- Assist Sales and Customer Service with Warehouse and Customer related concerns
- Communicate directly with Customers to schedule deliveries, pick-ups or resolve concerns in a timely manner
- Supply customers, vendors and 3rd party affiliates with all necessary paperwork
Document preparation / collection
- Prepare receiving packet
- Create BOL’s for Transportation
- Input inbound information into master spreadsheet
- Assist with invoicing if required
- Inspect all documents (BOL’s, Van Maps, Credit slips, etc.) for accuracy
- Work with Supervisors / employees to ensure proper completion of all documentation
- Compile and scan / file completed documents
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Be able to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
- Be able to manage several tasks and items of information simultaneously.
- Be willing to extend/shorten a shift if the business requires it.
- Be able to work 40 hours a week.
- Working knowledge of Outlook and Excel