Warehouse Supervisor: WAREH007160
Warehouse Supervisor - Day
Job Category: Operations - Warehouse
Requisition Number: WAREH007160
6300 Changepoint Drive
Anchorage, AK 99518, USA
- Works alongside employees using positive motivation to achieve nightly tasks.
- Understands and utilizes company specific computer systems and software to direct and control workflow.
- Sets and communicates daily and weekly goals for employees and monitors results.
- Manages inventory, order accuracy, and employee overtime.
- Maintains a safe and clean warehouse.
- Daily loads or unloads delivery trucks.
- Reads and efficiently works the customers pick sheets to accurately determine items to be gathered, palletized, and distributed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain case picks per hour and accuracy goals as assigned.
- Examine stock to verify conformance to quality specifications and takes pride in products being distributed.
- Keeps all locations neat, organized, and straightened, while maintaining the rotation of product to ensure freshness.
- Fills orders or issues supplies from stock with care, concern, and diligence.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and builds orders on pallets, effectively and safely for successful delivery.
- Accurately documents the number of products or items received or distributed or set aside due to damage or “out-of-date”.
- Helps to clean up all warehouse areas worked during shift by sweeping, discarding of trash, and empty boxes prior to end of shift.
- Participates in weekly, monthly, or annual inventory cycles to count appropriate SKU’s.
- Participates and receives training certificate for proper and safe operation of forklifts and pallet jacks.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); one to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer working knowledge of warehousing, forklift and pallet jack operations, pallet building, and inventory procedures.
- Must have or acquire forklift and pallet jack certification.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position requires regularly and constant lifting/moving/pulling or pushing of 27-55 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 170 pounds (full beer kegs).
- Employee is regular required to sit, stand, or walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Required that all individuals have complete visual ability to minimize personal and property damage.
- This position will be performed at the Anchorage, AK
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Varying temperature levels as product may be in a cooler or on the warehouse floor.
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places, and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally high due to multiple forklift horns or outside related environmental noises.