Vending Technician: VENDI007157
Job Category: Soft Drinks / Aurora Vend
Requisition Number: VENDI007157
6300 Changepoint Drive
Anchorage, AK 99518, USA
This position repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as vending machines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metal and woodworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Operates test equipment to determine defective parts.
- Moves vending machines from warehouse to account locations.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner; considerate to themselves and to others.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)preferred; two to four years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience of which plumbing must be a portion.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have the visual abilities to ensure proper wiring and repair of machines.
- Must have a good sense of smell to determine if wires are burning so that if an electrical malfunction is occurring, the problem can be quickly and accurately assessed.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Use of pallet jacks and hand carts are required to load and unload products for use in customer locations.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds and occasionally move/push or pulling of up to 100 pounds (loaded hand cart or pallet).
- Required to regularly stand, walk, lift product floor to waist, shoulder to overhead, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally high due to outside environmental noises.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Coca-Cola Bottling of Alaska, LLC offers competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, 401k plan, and much more! Background/Drug Screen. EOE.