Sales Manager: SALES05855 (Anchorage, AK)
Sales Manager - SGWS
Job Category: Sales - Selling
Requisition Number: SALES05855
6300 Changepoint Drive
Anchorage, AK 99518, USA
This position directly supervises assigned District Managers and Sales Staff including training, planning, informing (ex. distributing programs, samples, sell sheets, etc.) and directing work, appraising performance, assigning, point-of-sale materials, rewarding, and disciplining, addressing complaints, and resolving problems through superior leadership. This position also provides strategic direction across the state to achieve supplier metrics and remain within budgetary requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of district managers or sales reps; defines expectations, monitors progress and counsels if expectations are not met
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve company goals and initiatives
- Analyze markets to determine sales opportunities, customer needs, volume potential, and discount rates in order to dominate the market.
- Direct sales development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals
- Conduct sales meetings, product presentations, train, develop, and motivate the team to foster the overall sales team's success.
- Work with sales management to develop overall sales strategies for key accounts.
- Collaborate with key accounts to improve the distribution of product within sets
- Align with supplier representatives to understand their brands' sales goals/projections, and support in securing additional market share through the team's effective selling approach
- Analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements
- Provide forecasts and manage inventory levels for all division products
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Provide liaison between sales department and other sales-related units (ex> A/R, customers, and office staff).
- Make sound decisions and employ effective problem-solving techniques to ensure the territory is managed consistently (SGWS/Odom) and supplier expectations.
- Safely perform job duties, considerate to themselves and others.
- Adhere to the company’s professional dress and appearance policy at all times, projecting a positive image of the company and our product line.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 6 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, proof of auto insurance (SR-22 is not acceptable), and own means of reliable transportation.
- Prefer beverage sales and/or merchandising experience, knowledge of the local market, customer service skills, and experience in the distribution industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter, and able to work with very little direct supervision.
- Highly organized, with a strong ability to work quickly and accurately while handling competing priorities.
- The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Use pallet jacks and hand carts are required to load and unload products for use in customer locations.
- Frequently lift and/or move 10-25 pounds and occasionally moving/pushing or pulling of up to 250 pounds (loaded hand cart or pallet).
- Required to regularly stand, walk, lift product floor to waist, shoulder to overhead, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- This position will be performed at
- The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally high due to outside environmental noises.
Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Odom Corporation offers competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, a 401k plan, and much more!
Background/Drug Screen. EOE.