Retail Specialist: RETAI06029 (Anchorage, AK)
Job Category: Sales - Selling
Requisition Number: RETAI06029
6300 Changepoint Drive
Anchorage, AK 99518, USA
This position is responsible for developing, increasing awareness, and attaining growth of Odom products at retail.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Sales and Supplier Managers building and implementing brand strategies.
- Execute brand programs for both on and off-premise to Odom and supplier standards.
- Compile, review, and communicate sales data results against sales goals.
- Provide timely updates and recaps with Odom management.
- Train and coach innovation plans and execution with sales staff and trade customers.
- Research and recommend local marketing opportunities for both retail and on-sale accounts.
- Coordinated and implement promotional brand activity across all account channels.
- Survey on sale and off sales accounts with supplier reps and sales staff for success and opportunities.
- Stay current with brand knowledge and training specific to the brands carried by the Odom Corporation.
- Work with and support the sales team as needed with flexibility and professionalism.
- Assist sales team with new distribution, display, and POS placements.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)preferred; one to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, proof of auto insurance (SR-22 is not acceptable), and own means of reliable transportation.
- Prefer beverage sales and/or merchandising experience, knowledge of local market, customer service skills, and experience in the distribution industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter, and able to work with very little direct supervision.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Use of pallet jacks and hand carts are required to load and unload products for use in customer locations.
- Frequently lift and/or move 10-25 pounds and occasionally moving/pushing or pulling of up to 50 pounds.
- Required to regularly stand, walk, lift product floor to waist, shoulder to overhead, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- This position will be performed at – Anchorage, Alaska
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally high due to outside environmental noises.
Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Odom Corporation offers competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, 401k plan, and much more!
Background/Drug Screen. EOE.
Licenses & Certifications
Drives On Company Time