Merchandiser Lead: MERCH006350 (Anchorage, AK)
Merchandiser Lead - Anchorage
Job Category: Sales - Merchandising
Requisition Number: MERCH006350
6300 Changepoint Drive
Anchorage, AK 99518, USA
This position is part of the Merchandising Team and is a cross-training opportunity to support the Sales Team. This position consists of many aspects from general Merchandiser duties to delivering and collecting payment from various customer accounts to include selling a route and the responsibilities. Responsible for the daily and weekly needs of the sales route that you will be covering while the Sales Representative is on vacation or not on his or her route at any given time. This position works under minimal to direct supervision to ensure accurate and timely work is being performed to best meet the needs of the customers and the departmental goals for the overall company goals. Helps to ensure a safe and clean work environment through following the company’s safety and proper housecleaning policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participates and receives on-the-job training related to Odom procedures regarding the Merchandiser and Sales Representative job duties.
- Ability to learn and sell multiple sales routes in all classes of trade for both On and Off-Premise accounts.
- Able to attend any Odom and Supplier meetings that you are asked to attend.
- Daily visits to Odom customer locations to merchandise and maintain our products through stocking, rotating, and building displays.
- Examines stock to verify conformance to quality specifications and takes pride in products being distributed.
- Stocks and rotates our product from the back stock stored at customer locations with care, concern, and diligence.
- Performs essential job duties all on time, efficiently, accurately, safely, and in a time-sensitive manner due to customer locations requesting that merchandising not be performed during “peak” hours of operations.
- Accurately document the number of products or items received or distributed or set aside due to damage or “out-of-date”.
- Helps to ensure a safe and clean working area during a shift by discarding trash and empty boxes prior to leaving each customer account.
- Adheres to The Odom Corporation's professional dress and appearance policy at all times.
- Must be 21 years old with a valid driver’s license, good driving record, proof of insurance (SR-22 is not acceptable), and a reliable means of transportation for getting to and from customer accounts.
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must have a working knowledge of the beverage industry or grocery retail experience.
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter, and able to work with very little direct supervision.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- Highly organized, with a strong ability to work quickly and accurately while handling competing priorities.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Operates a pallet jack and hand cart to transport products all in a safe manner.
- This position requires constant lifting/moving/pushing/pulling of 27-55 pounds and occasionally lifting/moving/pushing/pulling of up to 170 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, lift from floor to waist and from shoulders to overhead, uses hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or other controls, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally high due to outside-related environmental noises.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Odom Corporation offers competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, 401k plan, and much more!
Background/Drug Screen. EOE.
Licenses & Certifications
Drives On Company Time