Key Account Manager: Anchorage, AK (KEYAC05535)
- Posted: September 30, 2020
LocationsShowing 1 location6300 Changepoint Drive
Anchorage, AK 99518, USA
This position is responsible for achieving customer objectives, Key Performance Indicators, and sales and distribution targets by implementing strategies and tactics while managing customers in a manner that will achieve profitable long-term growth of Odom products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with General Sales Manager, Trade Development and Sales Management in building and implementing brand strategies. Brands to include but not limited to Wine and Spirits.
- Develop specific measurable and attainable brand programs for sales consultants.
- Sell to core list of accounts in on premise trade channel including local, regional and national accounts.
- Conduct market surveys and work with supplier representatives.
- Liaise with sales management and supplier personnel to plan, execute, and follow-through on promotional events hosted at on premise accounts.
- Create and foster relationships among sales teams, key on premise accounts and supplier representatives.
- Compile, review, and communicated sales data results against sales goals.
- Provide timely updates and recaps with sales management and supplier representatives.
- Train and coach innovation plans and execution with sales staff and trade customers.
- Research and recommend local marketing opportunities for on sale accounts.
- Coordinated and implement promotional brand activity across all account channels.
- Survey on sale accounts with supplier reps and sales staff for success and opportunities.
- Stay current with brand knowledge and training specific to the brands carried by the Odom Corporation.
- Overnight travel as required. Additional hours required during the peak season of June and December and in accordance with fiscal plans.
- Develop and manage key account relationships that deliver measurable results.
- Create, coordinate and attend on-site promotional functions at established customer accounts (e.g. wine maker dinners, product launches, and tastings)
- Proficient at calculating pour cost, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis.
- Stay apprised and ensure compliance of federal, state and local laws affecting the beverage/alcohol industry within account responsibility.
- Comprehensive understanding of available analytics to include Margin Minder, Compass, Teams and SharePoint and ROI profile development by account.
- Provide analytical and technical support to SGWS senior management and sales organization.
- Work with and support the sales team as needed with flexibility and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, proof of auto insurance (SR-22 is not acceptable), and own means of reliable transportation.
- Prefer beverage sales and/or merchandising experience, knowledge of local market, customer service skills, and experience in the distribution industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter, and able to work with very little direct supervision.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Use of pallet jacks and hand carts are required to load and unload products for use in customer locations.
- Frequently lift and/or move 10-25 pounds and occasionally moving/pushing or pulling of up to 50 pounds.
- Required to regularly stand, walk, lift product floor to waist, shoulder to overhead, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- This position will be performed at
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally high due to outside environmental noises.
Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Odom Corporation offers competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, 401k plan, and much more!
Background/Drug Screen. EOE.
Licenses & Certifications
Drives On Company Time