District Sales Manager - Wine & Spirits: DISTR05699 (Anchorage, AK)
- Posted: January 28, 2021
LocationsShowing 1 location6300 Changepoint Drive
Anchorage, AK 99518, USA
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops, trains, and directs Sales Representatives to achieve sales goals and placement objectives to ensure that company standards are met.
- May conduct strategic sales negotiations with key accounts.
- Sets up schedules and appointments to obtain new accounts and to service existing accounts along with the Sales Representatives.
- Survey market area, quotes, and orders to detect business trends and opportunities for new products or new applications for existing products.
- May assist in the development of sales forecasts and scheduling of product.
- Plans for activities by forecasting conditions, defining objectives and strategies, and securing resources.
- Controls and manages sales performance by measuring and reporting results, evaluating and corrective performance, and administering policies and procedures.
- Plans and executes sales and promotional activities that effectively counter competitive trends by establishing goals for individual territories and distribution standards for individual brands.
- Conducts weekly sales meetings to disseminate supplier information, product, and sales training to obtain feedback on the effectiveness, efficiency, and relevance of the sales and promotional activities.
- Prepares and maintains required paperwork, reports, and records.
- Manages selling expenses to authorized levels.
- Manages territory when a Sales Representative is on vacation.
- Prepares and executes appropriate promotions.
- Manages the merchandising staff which will include the hiring of personnel, handle disciplinary action, give performance revues as needed, and writes the weekly schedule.
- Manage labor hours within the merchandising department to keep them under or at budget levels
- Manage all merchandising duties to assure our products are stocked properly, has proper price point, are rotated in a timely matter, all sets and displays are to standards, all display equipment and shelves are clean and breakage is handled timely.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)preferred; one to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be 21 years old.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, proof of auto insurance (SR-22 is not acceptable), and own means of reliable transportation.
- Minimum of 5 years of beverage sales supervision experience preferred.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter, and able to work with very little direct supervision.
- Highly organized, with a strong ability to work quickly and accurately while handling competing priorities.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Use of pallet jacks and hand carts are required to load and unload products for use in customer locations.
- Frequently lift and/or move 10-25 pounds and occasionally moving/pushing or pulling of up to 250 pounds (loaded hand cart or pallet).
- Required to regularly stand, walk, lift product floor to waist, shoulder to overhead, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- This position will be performed at Anchorage, Alaska
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally high due to outside environmental noises.
Licenses & Certifications
Drives On Company Time