District Sales Manager: DISTR06046 (Anchorage, AK)
District Sales Manager - ODOM
Job Category: Sales - Selling
Requisition Number: DISTR06046
6300 Changepoint Drive
Anchorage, AK 99518, USA
This position directly supervises assigned sales staff and merchandisers including training, planning, informing (ex. distributing programs, samples, sell sheets, etc.) and directing work, appraising performance, assigning, point-of-sale materials, rewarding, and disciplining, addressing complaints, and resolving problems through superior leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ride with sales staff members on a weekly basis.
- Provide liaison between sales department and other sales related units ( A/R, customers, and office staff).
- Coordinate sales and distribution by establishing objectives, quotas, and duties for assigned sales personnel.
- Make personal calls on key retailers within territory to assist and support sales staff in promoting Odom products and programs.
- Analyze markets to determine sales opportunities, customer needs, volume potential, and discount rates in order to dominate in market.
- Develop sales and campaigns, promotions, etc. to increase sales and increase brand awareness of Odom products.
- Prepare periodic reports showing sales volume and sales opportunities for assigned sales force.
- Carry out all duties necessary to cover sales staff routes when required.
- Make sound decisions and employ effective problem-solving techniques to ensure territory is managed in a manner that is consistent with Odom and supplier expectations.
- Stock and rotate products on the floor, in coolers, bins, or shelves with care, concern, and diligence as needed.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner considerate to themselves and to others.
- Adhere to the company’s professional dress and appearance policy at all times, projecting a positive image of the company and our product line.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)preferred; one to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, proof of auto insurance (SR-22 is not acceptable), and own means of reliable transportation.
- Prefer beverage sales and/or merchandising experience, knowledge of local market, customer service skills, and experience in the distribution industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter, and able to work with very little direct supervision.
- Highly organized, with a strong ability to work quickly and accurately while handling competing priorities.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Use of pallet jacks and hand carts are required to load and unload products for use in customer locations.
- Frequently lift and/or move 10-25 pounds and occasionally moving/pushing or pulling of up to 250 pounds (loaded hand cart or pallet).
- Required to regularly stand, walk, lift product floor to waist, shoulder to overhead, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- This position will be performed at Anchorage, Alaska
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally high due to outside environmental noises.
Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Odom Corporation offers competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, 401k plan, and much more!
Background/Drug Screen. EOE.