6300 Changepoint Drive, Anchorage, AK 99518, USA
Also included are responsibilities for scheduling, added/deleted item lists distributed to the account and salespeople, reset time/date notification to sales managers and merchandising manager via OdomNet SharePoint site. Schedule, coordinate and execute non-controllable resets for which an Odom supplier is the table captain (e.g. Fred Meyer, Rite Aid, Tesoro, etc.) Attend resets for which a competitive supplier (ABI) is the table captain (e.g. Safeway, Albertsons, etc.) Notify sales managers and merchandising manager of reset dates and times via OdomNet SharePoint site. Participate in scheduled Odom ‘market blitzes’ to focus on ‘challenge markets’ Overnight out of town travel 20% up to 50% also required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Creates, reviews, and implements all schematics within the Odom market area.
• Analyzes distribution, position and profitability of products with Chain grocery, Independent grocery, and Convenience channels and recommends improvements.
• Provides training and guidance to accounts concerning sales and marketing techniques.
• Analyzes market to determine customer needs, volume potential, and discount rates.
• Executes objectives, marketing programs, and plans to accommodate the goals of the company.
• Reviews market to determine distribution, distributor standards, and overall competitiveness.
• Analyzes sales accounts to determine volume, sales, and growth potential.
• Accompanies a sales staff member on a weekly basis to sell sets.
• Schedules, coordinates, and notifies all involved personnel of upcoming resets.
• Participates in scheduled Odom “market blitzes” to focus on “challenge markets”.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Applicants must have and be able to demonstrate advanced proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
• Experience with JDA Space Planning, Intactix, Apollo or Space Man category management software required.
• Experience reading, interpreting and utilizing syndicated retail sales data (Nielsen, IRI, etc.) strongly preferred.
• Experience working with relational databases preferred.
• 5 years experience in DSD sales of beer and wine or DSD sales and/or category management with a major packaged goods wholesaler (Coca-Cola, Frito Lay, etc.) or retail grocery/liquor/convenience channel strongly preferred.
• High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)preferred; 5 - 7 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have valid drivers license, good driving record,proof of auto insurance (SR-22 is not acceptable), and own means of reliable transportation.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Must be self motivated, a self starter, and able to work with very little direct supervision.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• Use of pallet jacks and hand carts are required to load and unload products for use in customer locations.
• Frequently lift and/or move 10-25 pounds and occasionally moving/pushing or pulling of up to 50 pounds.
• Required to regularly stand, walk, lift product floor to waist, shoulder to overhead, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• This position will be performed in Anchorage, Alaska
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally high due to outside environmental noises.
Licenses & Certifications