Quality Services Manager
thread is a non-profit agency and the statewide Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) Network whose mission is to advance the quality of early education and child development by empowering parents, educating child care professionals and collaborating with our communities. Since 1986 thread has been supporting families with child care referral services and parent education about child development, and also supporting early educators through training and consultation.
The Quality Services Manager is responsible for supporting thread’s statewide program quality improvement efforts to increase access to affordable, quality child care. The position develops and implements child care quality improvement efforts statewide. This includes the following:
- Develop and implement thread services designed to improve the quality in early childhood education programs.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of thread services related to Learn & Grow.
- Collaborate with thread management, Learn & Grow Director, and Learn & Grow Executive Team to align collective goals and activities for Learn & Grow.
- Collaborate with thread Professional Development Director and Professional Development Team Leads to implement services related to Learn & Grow.
- Oversee use of assessment tools used in early childhood education settings.
- Oversee and implement projects aimed to improve quality for specialized groups and populations.
- Lead a statewide team to ensure consistent implementation of thread services related to Learn & Grow.
- Oversee the development and implementation of policies and procedures for quality assurance.
- Oversee and support thread CCR&R Network strategic planning, performance measures, and facilitate communication.
- Provide accurate grant/program data and budget oversight as assigned.
- Supervise and train staff as assigned using a strength based and reflective approach.
- Provide team leadership and direct services to parents, providers, and the community as needed.
- Liaison and facilitate communication between SEED, Learn & Grow and thread to align agency goals and services to early educators and early education programs.
- Ensure all staff are trained and knowledgeable on thread’s culture, database, and agency tools and resources.
- Occasional in-state and out of state travel, sometimes in small aircraft, is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA required, MA/MS preferred, in education, human services, mental health, psychology, infant learning, social work, or related field.
- Prior experience with project management and program development including program evaluations, creating and using outcome measures and reporting results required.
- Prior experience with assessment tools used in early childhood settings preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices to support young children.
- Prior professional experience in an early childhood setting preferred.
- Previous experience supervising staff and/or volunteers required.
- Prior experience with technical writing and grants and contracts management preferred.
- Effective communication skills.
- Current driver’s license required, Alaska driver’s license preferred.
- Must pass background check, references and valid identification required.
- Passion and commitment to thread’s mission and the importance of early childhood.
- Flexibility and adaptability as organizational needs change.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills required.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of early care and education best practices, child development, and community resources to support children and their families.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of staff, clients, and partners in a variety of settings to achieve goals.
- Ability to use database systems (including thread specific) and general office programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work a varied schedule as needed to meet performance measures.
Schedule and Compensation
- Position Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, other hours as required
- Location: 3350 Commercial Dr. Ste 203 Anchorage, AK 99501
- Position Type: Full-Time, 40 hours/week
- Classification: Exempt Salary, Permanent
- Supervisor: Professional Development Director
- Supervises: Professional Development Specialists, and other staff as assigned.