UNITED WAY OF ANCHORAGE
Job Title: Development Associate
Department: Resource Development
Reports To: Manager, Philanthropy Data & Evaluation
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
United Way is a community of donors, partners, advocates and volunteers who share the belief that when we work together – all of us – we can improve the health, education and financial stability of every person in Anchorage.
This position is a permanent, full-time position. The primary responsibilities are to support the resource development department in providing high quality donor experiences, ensure that donors are acknowledged for their gift, and support other UWA activities. Specific Job duties, skills and qualifications are listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Data Integrity (35%):
- Maintain data integrity in Andar, United Way of Anchorage’s CRM, to include NCOA and email address updates, as well as individual profile maintenance
- Monitor a shared email inbox and handle emails appropriately.
- Maintain confidentiality of a wide array of information.
- Prospect profile building as requested.
- Database management including maintenance of confidential lists and rosters.
- Maintain accurate lists in Andar for specific groups including staff, board and nonprofit partners
- Process deceased donor records in coordination with posted obituaries. Update donor database. Secure data for accurate donor follow-up and recordkeeping.
Donor Relations (35%):
- Run weekly donor acknowledgement process ensuring that all donors are acknowledged for their gift(s), accurately and in a timely manner, in accordance with industry best practices.
- Support appeals, touchpoints, other donor communications, special campaigns, special acknowledgements, workplace campaign communications, etc.
- Run basic Data Mining Operations, Mail Lists, and Mail Usages.
- Provide support for special events and activities, track invitation opens and responses.
- Manage software platforms related to donor relations such as Survey Monkey, Eventbrite, Greenvelope.
Front Desk / Receptionist 10%:
- Serves as the main receptionist and answers incoming calls to main phone line. Trains secondary receptionists for main phone line and maintains phone standard operating procedure.
- Monitors visitor access by greeting each guest in a friendly professional manner.
Clerical / Administrative (20%):
- Help facilitate staff and department hosted meetings. This can include booking the room, sending notifications and creating agendas, maintaining contact list, room set-up and clean up including A/V equipment and furniture.
- Create credit card orders and check requests; review invoices for accuracy, secure necessary details, cost coding, and authorizing signatures.
- Assist Individual Giving Director and Director, Donor Experience as needed.
- Maintain office tidiness in shared areas, especially in the kitchen. Refill kitchen and bathroom supplies not managed by Denali Universal Services. Keep paper and other office supplies well-stocked and communicate when supplies need to be ordered.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential job duties.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a complex database
Qualifications and Skills:
- Type 45 words a minute
- Demonstrable or certified advanced skill in MS Excel (including use of conditional formatting, text to columns, deduplication, vertical lookup, concatenate, “IF” statements, pivot tables, etc.)
- Proficient in MS Outlook
- Experience with internet-based research and database management
- Tech-savviness and ability to quickly learn new software as required by job
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Multi-tasker, self-motivated and takes initiative, takes responsibility for actions
- Ability to understand and follow verbal or written directions
- Ability to speak diplomatically and professionally with diverse types of people over the phone, in person, and in writing, demonstrating active listening, interpersonal/cultural sensitivity, and sound judgment skills
- High level of discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work independently as well as to work with a team with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Respects and follows the standards and safeguards that protect the organization’s integrity (e.g., professional standards for financial reporting, integrity of data, security of information systems, use of emails, organizational property, etc.).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and the ability to look at/use a computer monitor for most of the work hours.
The individual will also occasionally be responsible for changing out the water cooler jugs as well as move and organize UWA collateral materials. Candidate should have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
Must pass criminal background check.
Place of Work:
701 West 8th Avenue, Suite 230, Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Hours of Work:
Full-time position. 8:30a-5p, M-F.
- Occasional out-of-state travel required for training (possible one time per year).
Salary: $25 per hour
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to Nina Makarova, email@example.com
In your cover letter please describe:
1.Why you are interested in working at United Way of Anchorage
2.Your experience with a complex database
Position open until filled.