Case Manager (Work Services Specialist)
- Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week
- Must have reliable transportation
Nine Star’s Case Managers (Work Services Specialists) provide support to Alaska’s Public Assistance recipients to ready them for employment. They utilize a holistic approach to help under- & unemployed Alaskans leave the public assistance rolls by helping them increase their income. They provide work readiness activities, connectivity to community resources, career plan development, “get ready for employment” activities, work skills training, and more. Ultimately, the Case Manager’s objective is to move job seekers to economic self-sufficiency.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
- Possess an Associate’s Degree in Human Services or closely related field and two years experience in Social Services or a closely related field. (4 years of direct case management experience may be substituted.)
- Have a minimum of one year related teaching experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and FileMaker Pro.
- Adept at working independently as well as with team members.
- Hold excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks and follow-up in spite of frequent interruptions.
- Maintain a professional attitude with enthusiasm and dependability.
- Exercise time management skills.
- Willing to take on new tasks with an eagerness to learn new skills.
- Flexible and willing to shift to new tasks when needed.
This position offers you an opportunity to help move the under- and unemployed job seeker to economic stability. If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (907) 644-9925, ATT: Zoe.