The Career Mentor/Coach works one-on-one with Job Seekers to identify their specific employability needs and help them eliminate challenges to their employability success. They help the job seeker assess their challenges and their skills so they can match them to a job that “fits” them. They also provide “ready for a job” workshops, skills assessments, resume development, interview coaching, and many other things to prepare them for the world of work.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
- Possess a college diploma (experience may be substituted)
- Possess a strong knowledge base of program requirements, policies and procedures
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and FileMaker Pro
- Adept at working independently as well as with team members
- Hold excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Able to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks
- Work with minimal supervision
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks and follow-up in spite of frequent interruptions
- Maintain a professional attitude with enthusiasm and dependability
- Exercise time management skills
- Willing to take on new tasks with an eagerness to learn new skills
This position offers you an opportunity to help move the under- and unemployed job seeker to economic stability. If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (907) 644-9925, ATT: Zoe.