Social Media Strategist II
Reports To: Digital Marketing Manager
Functions Supervised: None
Primary Functions: Develop and maintain a comprehensive social media strategy that defines how social media marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic across all Alaska USA business lines, products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for content development plans and editorial calendar planning across all Alaska USA social media properties; recommending content types based on user needs and marketing goals, identifying content gaps.
- Define key performance indicators and implement measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success.
- Mentor and provide training to others throughout the organization on best practices for creating, managing, monitoring, and developing content for social networks.
- Identify ways to integrate social media into business strategies and marketing campaigns and engage necessary resources.
- Apply marketing research and development methods to learn and understand emerging trends and technologies and to communicate this knowledge clearly and concisely.
- Prepare and maintain a competitive analysis and benchmark Alaska USA's performance in content breadth, organization, presentation, and engagement.
- Research, write, and edit content for social media, including materials such as advertising, events promotion, articles, publications, videos, web/online content, and other materials while adhering to Alaska USA's brand standards for voice, style, and grammar.
- Lead the development of organization-wide social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for social media.
- Collaborate as a member of working teams assigned to the creation and implementation of Alaska USA marketing campaigns.
- Follow through with all aspects of assigned projects including vendor coordination, documentation, content posting, regulatory compliance, quality control, and reporting/assessment of results.
- Maintain communication with representatives of business lines and front-line staff. Draft updates to procedures and scripted replies.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of Alaska USA's products, markets, and compliance requirements.
- Initiate and participate in efforts to further Alaska USA's marketing and business objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations or communications from an accredited college or university
Creditable Experience in Lieu of Education: Three (3) year's experience in advertising, communications, marketing, or public relations with demonstrated experience in social media programs at a corporation or agency. Digital advertising experience highly desirable.
Experience/Skills: Background managing successful social media campaigns, preferably across multiple markets, a solid understanding of social media marketing and advertising capabilities and strategy. Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Experience with interactive design principles, usability and online branding. Excellent oral communication and writing skills. Strong analytical skills. Strong understanding of social media analytics: with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data as necessary. Proficient working with Adobe Creative Suite tools, social media apps, and management tools.
Tenure: Assignment to the Social Media Strategist I category 10, Social Media Strategist II category 9, or Social Media Strategist III category 08 will be determined by the candidate's education or experience. Advancement requires management recommendation and will be based on the candidate's certifications and/or performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer