thread is a non-profit agency and the statewide Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) Network whose mission is to advance the quality of early education and child development by empowering parents, educating child care professionals and collaborating with our communities. Since 1986 thread has been supporting families with child care referral services and parent education about child development, and also supporting early educators through training and consultation.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting thread’s marketing activities, to keep thread’s brand consistent in the marketplace and increase outreach and awareness. This position delivers and implements event marketing, social media strategy, and brand promotional materials.
- Work with the Chief Marketing & Fund Development Officer and Marketing Director to build out thread’s social media strategy to support outreach and education goals.
- Manage and maintain thread’s social media platforms (FB, YouTube, twitter) in support of marketing goals.
- Maintain social media editorial calendar and incorporate into marketing editorial calendar.
- Monitor social media feeds and respond to community comments and messages.
- Stay up to date on emerging digital and social trends and best practices.
- Plan and manage all aspects of thread’s annual events; thread Awards program and Book Party in the Park.
- Coordinate thread’s participation at conferences and community events, including establishing contacts, managing booth participation, developing schedules and assignments, producing collateral/signage, and arranging sponsorships.
- Maintain event guidelines and statewide event calendar.
- Represent thread at community events and conferences.
- Manage, create, and maintain thread promotional and event materials, communicate with vendors, place and receive orders, track usage and inventory for accuracy, track budget, prepare reports.
- Responsible for maintaining marketing’s storage room, and conducting an annual inventory count of promotional materials.
- Test, track, and analyze the performance of our social media and event strategies for continuous quality improvement.
- Support thread communications (blogs, intranet, etc.) as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of social/digital/communications experience (or equivalent combination).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud suite, WordPress, and MS Office.
- Current driver’s license required, Alaska driver’s license preferred.
- References and valid identification required.
- Must pass background check.
- Passion and commitment to thread’s mission and the importance of early childhood education.
- Knowledge of early care and education a plus.
- Ability to work within brand voice and identity guidelines.
- Ability to follow the latest digital trends, track online performance, and interpret to improve content.
- Exceptional writing, storytelling, graphic and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and organized with strong attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Ability to work a varied schedule based on department need.
Schedule and Compensation:
Position Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, occasional evenings and weekends required
Location: 3350 Commercial Dr. Ste 203 Anchorage, AK 99501
Position Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week
Classification: Non-Exempt, Permanent
Compensation: $25.00 - $27.00/hour
Full Time Benefits: 20 days of PTO (starting), 13 paid holidays, 403b match, High-Deductible Health Plan with HSA option (employer contributes $750/year to HSA), Dental, Vision and Life. All premiums covered 100% for employee’s health, dental, vision and life. Free thread services.