Human Resource Generalist
thread's Human Resource Generalist handles all agency HR functions. This experienced position provides assistance to staff and supervisors in all HR matters, including employee evaluations, employee complaints, disputes and corrective action..
- Support recruiting and pre-hire activities including but not limited to: advertising positions, processing applications, conducting pre-screening calls, coordinating interviews, conducting reference checks, participating in job fairs, coordinating background checks, and extending offers.
- Conduct orientation of new employees, including processing new hire paperwork, introductions, onboarding, establishing employee’s file, and scheduling.
- Conduct the exiting process of separating employees including conducting the exit interview and off-boarding.
- Provide strategic support to management team around personnel policies, organizational structure, employee relations and other HR functions and initiatives.
- Research, analyzed and provide guidance to thread's Management team on the agency compensation structure.
- Participate as a member of thread’s staff recognition committee, which includes retention initiatives, staff retreats, and all recognition programs.
- Ensure compliance with applicable employment laws and regulations, and maintain knowledge of applicable legal requirements.
- Maintain all HR records including but not limited to: employee files, training records, job descriptions, organizational charts, personnel policies, handbook, and staff development tracker and recruitment trackers.
- Process and respond to outside inquiries and requirements including but not limited to unemployment claims, workers compensation, and employment verifications.
- Maintain human resources-related databases, spreadsheets and related tools, and produce reports and information as needed.
- Conduct benefit enrollment for new employees, communicate with service providers regarding administration of benefits, coordinate open enrollment and reconcile benefit statements.
- Work with the CFO/ Finance Director to submit annual Form 5500 and complete other plan testing under the 403b.
- Participate as a member of thread’s safety committee, which includes overseeing the agency HR Safety and Risk Prevention Plan, as well as all areas involving employee safety and wellness.
- Backup support (as needed) to the Finance Associate Position when the position is absent or vacated.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Human Resources preferred; business administration or related field considered.
- HR certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) required.
- Minimum three to five years’ experience in Human Resources required, nonprofit experience preferred.
- References and valid identification required.
- Must pass background check.
- Knowledge of HR best practices & regulations required, including AK Dept. of Labor and Workforce Development and US DOL.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to plan, set priorities and organize numerous work assignments with limited supervision while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to use general office programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook and other agency software tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of providers, parents, staff and members of the community.
- Demonstrated proficiency in following finance policies, personnel policies, procedures and regulations.
Position Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Location: 3350 Commercial Dr. Ste. 203 Anchorage, AK 99501
Position Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week
Hiring Range: $57,000- $65,000 annually
Supervisor: CFO/Finance Director
Benefits: 20 days of PTO (starting), 13 paid holidays, 403b match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/ AD&D, and EAP. All premiums covered 100% for employee’s health, dental, vision, life, and EAP. Free thread services.