Upscale hotel franchise looking for a full time Sous Chef.
As an assistant to the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef is responsible for planning and directing food preparation, assisting with menu planning, inventory and managing of supplies. This also involves supervising other kitchen staff.
- Exceptional cooking skills
- Ability to effectively manage kitchen staff, motivate and assign duties
- Familiarity with the best practices in the hotel and catering services industry
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Point of sale and restaurant management software
- Ability to multitask and work quickly under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organization skills
This is a full-time position with pay starting at $19/HR. Shift may vary- either mornings or afternoon * will have to be coordinated with the Head Chef.
- Food Handlers Card
- Background will be viewed
- Drug free environment