Charlie’s Produce is the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees!
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical Plans with UHC and HSA/FSA available
- Vision with hardware replacement yearly!
- ESOP-Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Holiday Pay
- College Tuition for all employees and their dependents
- On the job training
- Year-round full-time employment
- Employee appreciation events
Employee will work in a food processing facility working on a production line team to create finished good products. This position requires the uses a knife and pruning tools to peel, slice, and chop produce. They also wash, measure, sort and package the cut produce in pre-labeled containers. Responsible for preparation, presentation and service of food service items according to prescribed recipes and/or special requests and presentations.
Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment (36 degrees).
- Able to stand for long periods of hours.
- Able to read and mix recipes for food service items.
- Able to use kitchen equipment as necessary in preparation of food service items.
- Good knife skills.
- Experience handling food
- Alaskan or anchorage food handlers card is required within 30 days of hire
- Able to understand direction and utilize machinery after receiving training on how to operate equipment
- Able to lift 50-60 pounds
- General food safety knowledge.