Alaska USA FCU is currently recruiting for a Financial Advisor position in our Anchorage AK location, to be responsible for developing new business and servicing existing accounts in alignment with goals & industry requirements.
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial services cooperative providing service, value, and convenience to members since 1948. Alaska USA provides members with great rates on loans and deposits as well as low fees for services. This commitment to each member’s financial well-being is what makes the Alaska USA experience better than banking®.
Alaska USA has branches in Alaska, Arizona, California, and Washington and serves members living in all 50 states and around the world. With a full range of financial services, members have everything in one place, including checking and savings accounts, consumer loans, and credit cards. In a growing number of locations, Alaska USA also offers business services, commercial and personal insurance, and real estate loans, as well as mortgage loans by Alaska USA Mortgage Company.
FACTS ABOUT ALASKA USA
• Founded in 1948
• More than 681,000 members in all 50 states and around the world
• More than $8.55 billion in assets
• Branches in Alaska, Arizona, California, and Washington
• Most branches open seven days a week
• Financial Centers in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Soldotna, and Wasilla, Alaska, as well as Victorville, California
• Offers consumer and commercial deposit and loan services, as well as mortgage and real estate loans, insurance, investments, and investment management
• Credit union accounts federally insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF)
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Meet with existing and prospective clients to promote financial planning and investment services.
- Conduct educational seminars and workshops.
- Present member financial plan and investment proposals in a professional manner.
- Collect all required documentation, deposits, premiums, etc. in a timely and complete manner per established procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with program partners to service accounts, assist with inquiries and information requests, and resolve any issues relating to products and services.
- Track sales, marketing and referrals.
- Provide referrals for other Alaska USA services as appropriate.
- Participate in the credit union’s business development activities, while seeking and recommending new opportunities.
- Meet production goals.
- Adhere to organizational and industry guidelines, policy, procedure, compliance, licensing and training requirements.
- Maintain proficiency with organization and program partner systems.
- Perform service calls and special projects when warranted.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Three years financial services sales experience. Ability to create and deliver effective messages scaled to the appropriate audience. Must be willing to travel as required.
• Series 7, 63 and/or 65/66 and Life and Health Insurance Licenses. LUTCF, CLU, ChFC or CFP designation and bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related field preferred.
CREDITABLE EXPERIENCE IN LIEU OF EDUCATION:
• Not applicable
• Competitive compensation
• Health care benefits
• Matching 401k
• Paid leave
The credit union strives to provide employees a comfortable working atmosphere, career opportunities and financial security in the form of competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer