Director of Operations
Position: Director of Operations
Pay Range: $95,000+ DOE
The Director of Operations (DOPs) supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values as the foundation of its efforts. These include respect and appreciation for Mat-Su’s community assets: prevention, access, wellness, fairness, collaboration, and leadership. This individual exemplifies health; is team-focused and positive; and consistently demonstrates respect for the Board of Directors, staff, partners and community. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the DOPs will help to develop the infrastructure and systems needed to scale organizational impact over the next 10 years. Supervising support staff, the DOPs oversees the day to day administrative and operational functions of MSHF and builds the personnel team to accomplish its strategic goals and vision through both its philanthropy and its hospital ownership.
Management and Operations
The Director of Operations directly oversees office management, human resources and contract management. . The DOPs helps to develop a healthy, inclusive, and productive company culture, creating an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale. Ensuring a high level of coordination between the foundation’s programmatic work and hospital ownership, the DOPs assists in the design of organizational structures, workflows, and processes to implement MSHF’s philanthropic strategy. The DOPs:
- Manages human resources, including benefit functions, to ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention through policy and procedure.
- Assesses leadership, talent processes, infrastructure, and culture to build an improvement plan that addresses diversity, equity and inclusion across the organization and its strategies.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive IT strategy that increases staff productivity across the organization.
- Reviews, prepares, and manages Professional Services Contracts, Memorandums of Understanding, and other agreements to ensure effective completion and compliance.
- Creates and monitors adherence to operational policies, procedures and processes that address risk and compliance with audit requirements and local, state and federal statutes and contribute to an efficient and effective organization
- Communicates and explains new policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, grantees and community.
- Manages the following employees: Administrative Assistant.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven effectiveness in leading and developing professional support staff to enhance total team performance
- Proven effectiveness in developing and implementing technology platforms to support a myriad of functions and stakeholders
- Collaborative and ego-less approach to creating solutions and making decisions
- Flexible self-starter, able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to think strategically, politically and programmatically
- Ability to analyze, understand and chart a path through challenging legal, risk and compliance issues.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the area of Human Resource Management, Law, Business or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience at a management level, preferably Human Resources Management.
- Experience in management of administrative functions including IT, HR, contract administration and other systems.
- Experience in Employee Benefits Administration or Contract Administration.
- Experience either as an employee or board member of a nonprofit organization preferred.
- Experience in hospital or health systems operations and governance preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Work Location: The Mat-Su Health Foundation is physically located on the second-floor of the Mat-Su Health Foundation Building: 777 N. Crusey St, Suite A201. Wasilla, Alaska 99645
Mat-Su Health Foundation: The Mat-Su Health Foundation is the official business name of Valley Hospital Association, Inc., which shares ownership in Mat-Su Regional Medical Center. In this capacity, the foundation actively participates in the governance of Mat-Su’s community hospital and protects the community’s interest in this important health care asset through board oversight. The MSHF also invests its assets into charitable works that improve the health and wellness of Alaskans living in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough (Mat-Su).
PLEASE NOTE: ALL JOBS ARE ON-SITE UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
Alaska Executive Search provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Alaska Executive Search matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED