Chief Executive Officer - Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation
Chief Executive Officer – Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation
$DOE and excellent benefits
PeopleAK is proud and excited to present this opportunity to lead one of the most important corporations in Alaska. This individual will help set the vision and direction for the future of the Corporation. The CEO will report directly to the Board of Trustees, and will interact with the Legislature, public, staff and global investment community. The CEO is expected to promote an environment for APFC staff and managers to collaborate and drive culture that demonstrates pride. This person will balance a strong vision for the future with mission driven approach to managing the operations of a dynamic corporation. As a key member of the executive team a successful candidate must possess the characteristics to execute their duties while navigating multiple stakeholder interests.
If you meet the qualifications, apply here or email your resume to email@example.com today!
- Carries out Board direction by establishing policies, goals, and objectives; desired yields, risk preferences, diversification and asset allocation while exercising legal and fiduciary responsibilities and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Communicates with the Governor, Legislature, public and investment community and serves as the Secretary/Treasurer for the Corporation.
- Work with leadership team to delegate authority to subordinate executives regarding policies, contractual commitments, expenditures, and personnel matters.
- Oversee and delegate representation of the Corporation at meetings and activities as requested and serve as spokesperson for APFC with its stakeholders, the public, press, industry groups, and representatives of government, regulators, and affected agencies.
- Function as the Corporation's political liaison with state and federal agencies as requested.
- Apprise the Board of industry and economic issues that have an impact on the Corporation and the state of Alaska.
- Work closely with APFC staff to maintain lines of communication and accomplishment of necessary tasks.
- Organize and attend corporate meetings and work sessions as required.
- Support the Leadership team on day-to-day work necessary for budget preparation and implementation, to include the implementation of Board policies and procedures.
- Negotiate contracts as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all corporate information and operations within compliance of any nondisclosure and noncompete requirements outlined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for the implementation of a Board approved strategic plan with regular reporting on progress and initiative-taking communication to the Board.
- Direct the development of short and long-range objectives, policies, budgets, and operating plans for the Corporation as approved by the Board of Directors. Oversee the consistent interpretation, implementation, and achievement of these objectives with regular reporting on progress.
- Travels as necessary to represent the Corporation and its interests.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Ideally you have:
- Experience in Governmental and Political Affairs, including work with state, federal, and local agencies.
- Experience managing large funds
- Strong analytical and reasoning ability including a solid foundation in fiscal management.
- Strong leadership qualities including ability to supervise employees with varied skills and understanding of personnel management and applicable personnel law.
- Solid operations management experience
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and ability to work with others, with demonstrated experience in cooperative team management.
- Advanced and excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience with strategic analysis and planning.
- Experience leading an organization that manages a large pension or related investments.
- Ability to develop team-wide vision and direction for a portfolio of diverse projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; communicating to all levels to include legislators and global investors, and the public.
PeopleAK is here for you!
- Specialist recruiters, with over 50 years of combined experience
- No cost to our applicants
- Ability to look for a job while you’re still working
- Certified Staffing Consultants work for our clients, and advocate for our candidates
- Friendly Associate Recruiters working with you to present your best self