Alaska Channel is looking for a motivated self-starter to join the team. The position is part-time mid-August through April. The schedule is flexible and can be done during the week or on the weekends.
We are a small company of less than 10 people and each team member is key to the overall success of Alaska Channel. Your place in the company will be to distribute our Alaska Activity Guide, Alaska Activity Map, quality check our in-room TV Channel in hotels (Alaska Channel) and promote The Alaska App in Anchorage.
This is more than a distribution job – you will be representing Alaska Channel across the Anchorage area.
- Stock guides and maps at hotels, shops, restaurants, the airport, rental car agencies, and more according to usage.
- Ensure best placement of products.
- Track stocking on an online Google doc and report weekly to Alaska Channel.
- Inventory guidebook and map stands and audit them for wear and tear.
- Maintain storage facility where materials are stored before delivery.
- Perform monthly room checks at hotels that play Alaska Channel TV to ensure the channel is displaying accurately.
- Educate staff on our products, and encourage use of our promotional materials (e.g., business cards and displays featuring The Alaska App).
Apply if you…
- Are a confident communicator.
- Are a self-starter and independent thinker.
- Are comfortable getting support and coaching, but not being micro-managed. You will be able to set your own hours so long as delivery takes place within business hours. Therefore you must be able to get the job done within the parameters you give yourself.
- Have access to / have your own vehicle for delivery.
- Are responsible to hold a company issued credit card for gas.
- Are comfortable with forming and maintaining relationships with front-line staff.
- Motivated to ask for best placement of our products at hotels, shops, and restaurants.
About Alaska Channel
Alaska Channel is a highly-regarded pioneer in the Alaska tourism industry, with visitor TV in 10,000 hotel rooms, a 5-star mobile app (The Alaska App), its own video production company, print products (500,000 annual print run), a travel planning website (Alaska.org), and is the advertising concessionaire for the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport, Fairbanks International Airport, Juneau International Airport, Kenai Municipal Airport and People Mover.
Send your resume to email@example.com, 907-777-7778.