thread Family Services Manager
The Family Services Manager is responsible for overseeing the Family Services department statewide at thread. The position supervises and trains Family Services staff and oversees all family support services, including child care referrals, Help Me Grow Alaska (HMG-AK), Child Care Assistance, and other family services projects/programs.
- Lead the vision for thread’s Family Services programs and services.
- Establish and oversee administrative procedures to meet objectives set by senior management.
- Communicate program objectives, goals, and progress to management team, program directors, team members, and stakeholders.
- Oversee the development and implementation of all family services policies and procedures for quality assurance.
- Create and develop strategic plans and work plans for the family services department.
- Develop and implement a continuous quality improvement plan and evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas of improvement.
- Oversee all grants related to Family Services as assigned. Providing accurate grant/program data and budget oversight as assigned.
- Oversee and support statewide department strategic planning, performance measures, and facilitate communication.
- Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure family services goals are achieved.
- Supervise and train staff as assigned using a strength based and reflective approach.
- Provide team leadership and direct services to parents, providers, and the community as needed
- Liaison and facilitate communication between all thread directors and team leads to align agency goals and services.
- Ensure all Family Services staff are trained and knowledgeable on thread’s culture, database, and agency tools and resources.
- Occasional in-state and out of state travel, sometimes in small aircraft, is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS required, MA/MS preferred, in project management, social work, human services, education, mental health, infant learning, or related field.
- Prior experience in both program and team management.
- Knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes.
- Prior professional experience in an early childhood setting preferred.
- Previous experience supervising staff and/or volunteers required.
- Prior experience with technical writing and grants and contracts management preferred.
- Effective communication skills.
- Current driver’s license required, Alaska driver’s license preferred.
- Must pass background check, and provide references and valid identification.
- Passion and commitment to thread’s mission.
- Flexibility and adaptability as organizational needs change.
- Strong project management and strategic planning skills.
- Macro and micro systems development and oversight.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of early care and education best practices, child development, and community resources to support children and their families.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of staff, clients, and partners in a variety of settings to achieve goals.
- Ability to use database systems (including thread specific) and general office programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work a varied schedule as needed to meet performance measures.
Position Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, other hours as required
Location: 3350 Commercial Dr. Ste. 203 Anchorage, AK 99501
Position Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week
Classification: Exempt, Permanent
Supervises: Early Childhood Specialists/Help Me Grow Alaska Care Coordinators
Benefits: 20 days of PTO (starting), 13 paid holidays, 403b match, High-Deductible Health Plan with HSA option (employer contributes $750/year to HSA), Dental, Vision and Life. All premiums covered 100% for employee’s health, dental, vision and life. Free thread services.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Family Services Manager" in the subject line. Open until filled.