Statewide Systems Coordinator - Learn & Grow
thread is a non-profit agency and the statewide Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) Network whose mission is to advance the quality of early education and child development by empowering parents, educating child care professionals and collaborating with our communities. Since 1986 thread has been supporting families with child care referral services and parent education, and supporting early educators through training and consultation.
The Statewide Systems Coordinator provides development support and implementation of projects and programs for Learn & Grow and the Alaska System for Early Education Development (SEED), Alaska's Quality Recognition and Improvement System, with a specific focus on data systems.
1. Provide customer service support to Early Childhood Educators and Programs interested in participating in Learn & Grow – provide service via phone, email, or in person. Share information about Learn & Grow, professional development opportunities, thread and SEED services.
2. Implement Learn & Grow enrollment process including serving as the first point of contact to any Early Childhood Program interested in participating in Learn & Grown. This includes - communication, and accurate data entry in thread’s and Learn & Grow’s databases.
3. Support newly enrolled South Central Alaska Early Childhood Programs with Learn & Grow level 1 quality activities including facilitating Introduction to Learn & Grow training, assisting Early Childhood staff with processing SEED registry applications, monitoring progress using the SEED database, and supporting all final paperwork and data.
4. Collaborate with thread staff in all three regional offices to facilitate Early Childhood Program’s Level 1 and 2 verification paperwork. Verification process includes utilizing thread and SEED databases and Early Childhood program documentation to verify completion of quality activities associated with either Level 1 or 2.
5. Work with Director of Quality Services to assist with Learn & Grow implementation activities including management of electronic data to inform quarterly reporting and activities associated with Learn & Grow day to day operations (submission of paperwork, data entry accuracy, and accuracy of following internal procedures)
6. Provide administrative support to Learn & Grow Director as needed, including note taking at bi-monthly executive and/or stakeholder meetings, communication with community stakeholders for organization of meetings or other Learn & Grow activities, assisting with annual reports, and helping the manage Learn & Grow data.
7. Provide support to SEED Statewide Systems Coordinators to assist with processing of SEED Registry and Trainer Training Approval System applications, Professional Development funding and Wage Compensation applications as needed.
8. Provide accurate program data for grant proposals and reports
9. Provide direct services to parents, providers, and the community as needed
10. Other duties as assigned
1. AA required. BA preferred, in business, database management, project management, or related field
2. Previous experience and/or knowledge in Early Childhood and QRIS preferred
3. Prior experience implementing and managing the creation of a database system preferred
4. Prior experience with program development and reporting required
5. Must pass background check; references and valid identification required
1. Passion and commitment to thread’s mission and the importance of early childhood education.
2. Knowledge of early care and education programs and services, and community collaboration initiatives
3. Flexibility and adaptability as organizational needs change.
4. Strong interpersonal skills required.
5. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
6. Strong technical writing skills required.
7. Strong customer service skills required.
8. Experience developing programs initiatives, and/or systems
9. Experience with the development of policies and procedures
10. Ability to use modern technology to enhance business services
11. Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of providers, parents, staff and members of the community
12. Ability to use database systems and general office programs with comfort and ease including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Zoom, PowerPoint, Salesforce, shared project management tools, and Outlook.
13. Ability to effectively facilitate, support and lead stakeholders to achieve goals
Schedule and Compensation:
- Position Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, other hours as required
- Location: 3350 Commercial Dr. Ste 203 Anchorage, AK 99501
- Position Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week
- Classification: Non-Exempt, Permanent
- Supervisor: Learn & Grow Director
- Supervises: None
- Compensation: $21.00 – 26.00/hour
- Benefits: 20 days of PTO (starting), 13 paid holidays, 403b match, High-Deductible Health Plan with HSA option (employer contributes $750/year to HSA), Dental, Vision and Life. All premiums covered 100% for employee’s health, dental, vision and life. Free thread services.
- How To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Statewide Systems Coordinator – Learn & Grow" in the subject line. Open until filled.