Mat-Su Part Time English Language Learner (ELL) Instructor
Monday-Friday, PT 20 hours per week
Do you have a passion for instructing English language learners? Do you have connections with different cultural groups in the Mat-Su Valley? Would you like to be instrumental in helping to grow this program? If so, Nine Star is looking for YOU! This ELL instructor will provide outreach and instructional services to ELL students to equip the student with skills for everyday living and the world of work.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
- Ability and willingness to follow adult basic education policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Have a professional, approachable and friendly attitude with all staff members, clients and visitors
- Personable, assertive disposition
- Ability to work independently as well as with team members
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work with minimal supervision
- Possess excellent time management skills; absolutely dependable and punctual
- Willingness to take on new tasks with an eagerness to learn new skills
- Ability to use good judgment to make sound decisions on complex issues
- Ability to problem solve with an understanding of when to ask for assistance
- Ability and willingness to utilize Nine Star ABE database to access student records and communicate
student related information via database notes
- Ability and willingness to work with individuals from divers cultural and economic backgrounds and to
address student goals in teaching strategy and lesson plans
- Ability to administer and score the BEST literacy test.
- Ability and willingness to integrate Career and College Awareness material with the central program
- Ability to address and willingness to incorporate “real life” uses of grammar skills
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues to continuously evolve the quality of ELL classes
This position offers you an opportunity to help move the under- and unemployed job seeker to economic stability. If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.