thread is a non-profit agency and the statewide Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) Network whose mission is to advance the quality of early education and child development by empowering parents, educating child care professionals and collaborating with our communities. Since 1986 thread has been supporting families with child care referral services and parent education about child development, and also supporting early educators through training and consultation.Specific Responsibilities:
The Consultation Manager is responsible for supporting thread’s statewide work to increase the quality of early childhood education programs through consultation, coaching, and technical assistance. This includes supervision of staff and teams, along with project management for the following:
1. Provide leadership in the development, implementation, and management of coaching competencies and skills for thread staff.
2. Work with early childhood partners to build and sustain a statewide coaching training and approval system in collaboration with the Alaska System for Early Education Development (SEED).
3. Oversee and manage thread consultation services to early childhood programs and families to include Alaska IN! and Individual Child Consultations.
4. Liaison with consultation and coaching stakeholders to support the early childhood education field through training, consultation, and coaching.
5. Support inclusionary practices in early childhood education settings.
6. Establish and oversee team administrative procedures to meet objectives set by agency management.
7. Oversee the development and implementation of policies and procedures for quality assurance.
8. Oversee and support statewide team strategic planning, data analysis, and performance measures, and facilitate communication.
9. Provide accurate grant/program data and budget oversight as assigned.
10. Supervise and train staff as assigned using a strength based and reflective approach.
11. Provide team leadership and direct services to parents, providers, and the community as needed.
12. Liaison and facilitate communication between Alaska SEED, Learn & Grow and thread to align agency goals and services to early educators and early childhood education programs.
13. Ensure all staff are trained and knowledgeable on thread’s culture, database, and agency tools and resources.
14. Occasional in-state and out of state travel, sometimes in small aircraft, is required.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. BA required, MA/MS preferred, in education, human services, mental health, psychology, infant learning, social work, or related field.
2. Prior experience with project management and program development including program evaluations, creating and using outcome measures and reporting results required.
3. Prior professional experience in an early childhood setting preferred.
4. Prior experience in coaching and trainings preferred.
5. Knowledge and prior work with children who experience special needs.
6. Previous experience supervising staff and/or volunteers required.
7. Prior experience with technical writing and grants and contracts management preferred.
8. Effective communication skills.
9. Current driver’s license required, Alaska driver’s license preferred.
10. Must pass background check, and provide references and valid identification.
1. Passion and commitment to thread’s mission and the importance of early childhood education.
2. Flexibility and adaptability as organizational needs change.
3. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills required.
4. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
5. Knowledge of early childhood education best practices, child development, and community resources to support children and their families.
6. Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of staff, clients, and partners in a variety of settings to achieve goals.
7. Ability to use database systems and general office programs with comfort and ease including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Zoom, PowerPoint, Salesforce, shared project management tools, and Outlook.
8. Ability to work a varied schedule as needed to meet performance measures.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Position Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, other hours as needed
- Location: 3350 Commercial Dr. Ste 203 Anchorage, AK 99501
- Position Type: Full-Time, 40 hours/week
- Classification: Exempt, Permanent
- Supervisor: Professional Development Director
- Supervises: Professional Development Specialists, and other staff as assigned.
- Compensation: $62,000–$70,720 annually
- Benefits: 20 days of PTO (starting), 13 paid holidays, 403b match, High-Deductible Health Plan with HSA option (employer contributes $750/year to HSA), Dental, Vision and Life. All premiums covered 100% for employee’s health, dental, vision and life. Free thread services.
- How To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Consultation Manager" in the subject line. Open until filled.