Financial Services Representative I
Financial Services Representative
Bethel Branch, AK
Primary Functions: Provide prompt, professional, helpful, knowledgeable and courteous member service while recommending financial products and services to meet member needs. Actively engage members at every opportunity to deepen relationships by asking open-ended questions. Contribute to the growth of the credit union by meeting individual, branch and business line goals through cross sales activities. Accurately perform teller transactions and member service activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with existing and prospective members to create a positive member experience through prompt, professional, helpful, knowledgeable and courteous member service.
- Be knowledgeable of credit union products and services, answer inquiries and provide accurate information to members on all types of accounts, and other credit union services.
- Cross sell credit union products and services by understanding the unique financial goals of each member and tailoring solutions to meet each specific need.
- Confidently build meaningful relationships in-branch, as well as in the community by executing a variety of member engagement strategies through relationship calling, in-person conversations and referrals to other business lines.
- Perform financial transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, payments and/or other account transactions in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Open all types of new accounts while assisting the member to effectively use account.
- Receive and process member service requests. Identify, research and correct member account discrepancies.
- Perform progressively responsible duties to include: a. Place and receive phone calls related to member business. b. Follow up with prospects and ask for their business. c. Complete sales production reports d. Participate in branch promotions. e. Use the PA system to announce daily product promotions or awareness announcements as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Experience/Skills: Passion for helping people and the drive to build relationships that assist members meet financial goals. Good communication and human relation skills. Ability to effectively ask questions, problem solve and provide solutions. Develop strong working relationships with coworkers and business line partners through collaboration. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer