Contract Grant Writer
Our client: Our client assists with the promotion of Alaska’s economic growth by partnering with other financial institutions to act as a funding resource. They are renowned for furthering a healthy economic climate for all Alaskans. This position will lead the development, writing, research and submission of grant proposals to federal, state and private funding agencies. If you qualify, please apply here or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Would you like to:
- Research and identify grants that match the needs of the organization.
- Prepare high-quality grant proposals, narratives, and supporting documents; conduct the final review to ensure the requirements and guidelines of the funding agencies are met; and ensure the timely submission of the grant applications.
- Maintain accurate records of grant opportunities, deadlines, and proposals.
- Serve as a liaison between the funding agencies and the organization.
- Respond to funder questions.
- Develop and maintain grant schedules; track grants and stay on current issues relative to grant proposals; follow-up on the progress of submitted proposals.
- Develop and maintains an up-to-date grants procedure manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ideally you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communication or related field
- Minimum of three years of grant writing experience with grant budget development and management, with previous federal grant application, submission, approvals and management of funds.
- Extensive knowledge of grant narrative and budget development strategies and methods
- Considerable knowledge of government and private funding sources and submittal processes
- Exceptional skills in verbal and written communication including technical and creative writing
- Very strong planning and organizational skills
- Extensive computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, management of large documents, and internet research
- Ability to work under pressure and timelines, with attention to detail, while successfully completing multiple projects.
- Ability to interpret complex instructions and write complete, professional and fundable proposals
- Ability to work collaboratively with program stakeholders
Making it worth your while:
- Stellar addition to your resume
- Interesting, varied work
- Opportunity to build your grant-writing experience without committing to one employer (but a meaty, long-term assignment!)
Alaska Executive Search is here for you!
- Specialist recruiters, with over 50 years of combined experience
- No cost to our applicants
- Ability to look for a job while you’re still working
- Certified Staffing Consultants work for our clients, and advocate for our candidates
- Friendly Associate Recruiters working with you to present your best self