Alaska USA Federal Credit Union is currently recruiting for a Funding Supervisor in Anchorage, Alaska to supervise all staff and operations associated with reviewing and funding indirect loans and general operations.
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial services cooperative providing service, value, and convenience to members since 1948. Alaska USA provides members with great rates on loans and deposits as well as low fees for services. This commitment to each member’s financial well-being is what makes the Alaska USA experience better than banking.
Alaska USA has branches in Alaska, Arizona, California, and Washington and serves members living in all 50 states and around the world. With a full range of financial services, members have everything in one place, including checking and savings accounts, consumer loans, and credit cards. In a growing number of locations, Alaska USA also offers business services, commercial and personal insurance, and real estate loans, as well as mortgage loans by Alaska USA Mortgage Company.
FACTS ABOUT ALASKA USA:
- Founded in 1948
- More than 678,000 members in all 50 states and around the world
- More than $8.34 billion in assets
- Branches in Alaska, Arizona, California, and Washington
- Most branches open seven days a week
- Financial Centers in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Soldotna, and Wasilla, Alaska, as well as Victorville, California
- Offers consumer and commercial deposit and loan services, as well as mortgage and real estate loans, insurance, investments, and investment management
- Credit union accounts federally insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF)
- Responsible for the selection, development, and performance of direct reports to retain a motivated and professional team. Participate in training others as directed.
- Supervise assigned personnel and direct the daily operations. Oversee the work assigned to individual staff members to ensure prioritizations are managed effectively and meet operational objectives. Ensure loans are funded within 48 hours of receipt of complete and accurate documentation, supervisor overrides are complete and accurate, daily disbursements are balanced and transmission of the ACH file is completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain and oversee a quality review process for dealer loans and employee work to verify accuracy, preempt potential systems or funding issues, and ensure consistency and effective controls are in place. This includes ensuring employees are producing an acceptable quantity and quality of work.
- Supervisor the Loan Review and Accounting specialist(s) in the absence of the Funding or Operations Officer.
- Ensure compliance with laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures applicable to titling processes and related credit union activities.
- Provide prompt, professional, helpful, knowledgeable and courteous member service.
- Act as a liaison and work collaboratively with others and across geographic locations to coordinate, recommend and initiate changes or strategies to achieve organizational goals and enhance the quality and efficiency of Consumer Loan Administration.
- Protect member confidential information and ensure lien documents, files, members information and credit union checks are properly secured.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of procedures and on the job training materials.
- Complete personnel related tasks in a timely manner. This includes but is not limited to performance evaluations and the review and approval of timesheets.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- One-year recent supervisory experience with an emphasis in indirect consumer lending, or the demonstrated aptitude within the credit union to supervise required. Two years' experience in a dealer funding position preferred. Aptitude for problem solving with the ability to analyze situations, evaluate alternatives and make independent decisions regarding resolution. Must be self-motivated and resourceful and possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Must have strong personality traits to handle complex and adverse situations.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
CREDITABLE EXPERIENCE IN LIEU OF EDUCATION:
- Not Applicable
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Health Care Benefits
- Matching 401k
- Paid Leave
Equal Opportunity Employer