Consumer Telephone Loan Specialist I, II, III, Sr I, or Sr II
Alaska USA FCU is currently recruiting for a Consumer Telephone Loan Specialist I, II, III, Sr I, or Sr II position in Anchorage, Alaska. To answer loan related telephone inquiries, accurately complete credit applications, NADA guidebook values and provide excellent member service.Alaska USA Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial services cooperative providing service, value, and convenience to members since 1948. Alaska USA provides members with great rates on loans and deposits as well as low fees for services. This commitment to each member’s financial well-being is what makes the Alaska USA experience better than banking®.
Alaska USA has branches in Alaska, Arizona, California, and Washington and serves members living in all 50 states and around the world. With a full range of financial services, members have everything in one place, including checking and savings accounts, consumer loans, and credit cards. In a growing number of locations, Alaska USA also offers business services, commercial and personal insurance, and real estate loans, as well as mortgage loans by Alaska USA Mortgage Company.
FACTS ABOUT ALASKA USA:
- Founded in 1948
- More than 681,000 members in all 50 states and around the world
- More than $8.55 billion in assets
- Branches in Alaska, Arizona, California, and Washington
- Most branches open seven days a week
- Financial Centers in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Soldotna, and Wasilla, Alaska, as well as Victorville, California
- Offers consumer and commercial deposit and loan services, as well as mortgage and real estate loans, insurance, investments, and investment management
- Credit union accounts federally insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF)
- Develop and maintain a current in-depth knowledge of all consumer lending policies, guidelines, and programs and be prepared to respond to related inquiries.
- Respond to all telephone inquiries pertaining to loan related issues.
- Obtain the information necessary to complete credit applications and other loan related documentation for consumer loans. Exercise critical thought to gather additional information that may be imperative for credit evaluation.
- Establish accurate valuations for all collateralized loan requests.
- Comply with all regulatory restrictions to qualify non-member applicants for membership.
- Receive and post loan extensions/due date change requests.
- Receive, accurately record and forward for processing, member account transactions through MRMS.
- Cross sell credit union services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Six months prior experience in a service related position with this credit union with direct member contact preferred. One year similar experience in a service related field acceptable. Must have basic typing and 10-key calculator skills and be familiar with on-line date operations. Must have a pleasant telephone voice: demonstrate a mastery of English speaking and comprehension skills: utilize sound listening skills; and communicate clearly. Must have the ability to diplomatically handle difficult situations and perform multiple functions simultaneously. Must be detailed oriented. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Not Applicable
- Competitive compensation
- Health care benefits
- Matching 401k
- Paid leave
Equal Opportunity Employer