One of Alaska’s largest freight moving companies has an immediate opening for a Mechanic/Service Technician.
The two primary functions of this position are to provide service technician duties and general mechanic duties for all of the company trucks, as well as the other company heavy machinery.
Strong communication skills are necessary as the position interacts with drivers and warehouse associates as well as reporting to mechanic. The ability to work safely, efficiently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment is required to be successful in this position.
One to two years of general diesel mechanic experience preferred. Transportation or freight experiences a plus. Fleet experience is also preferred.
- Check and report oil levels, adjust as needed.
- Routine maintenance such as oil changes, check/replace batteries, lube trucks/machinery, check and repair system components.
- Check tire pressures for proper inflation.
- Inspect, refill and change fluids as necessary.
- Replace malfunctioning components, parts or other mechanical/electrical equipment.
- Disassemble & reassemble mechanisms of machinery.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines and any other part of trucks/machinery.
- Generate work orders and complete service requests.
- Ability to properly preform DOT inspections.
- Ensure that your workstation is clean and presentable.
- Complete vehicle/machinery daily, weekly, monthly inspections, follow all inspection checklists and inspection procedures.
- Report when PM’s are due to mechanic supervisor.
- Test drive vehicles to diagnose malfunctions/check work performed
This is a fulltime position-Monday -Friday 7am-4pm with pay starting at $20-$25/HR depending on experience.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- Certificate in Air Brake Systems
- Class A or Class B Commercial Driver’s License preferred
- Clean driver’s License
- Reinforced boots
- Background will be viewed
- Drug free environment