Summary of the Position
A Trust Assistant supports a Trust Officer to administer various types of trusts in accordance with trust documents and applicable law.
Our Mission Statement
Peak Trust Company’s mission is to Protect, Elevate and Execute our Client’s Legacies.
What Are Peak Trust Company’s Lines of Business?
Peak Trust Company (“Peak”) serves as a corporate fiduciary for trusts, provides both trust and non-trust investment management services, and offers custodial services for various types of accounts, including IRAs.
Why Work for Peak Trust Company?
We are an independent professional trust company that cares about its people. We are committed to the highest levels of integrity, teamwork and customer service. We believe the most important element of our business is our team. We strive to create and maintain a culture that attracts high-performers who personify Peak’s values. The organization is committed to investing in continuing education and personal growth opportunities. We recognize that a healthy work-life balance is important for high performing teams. Knowing this, we offer an attractive benefits and schedule package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full-time availability during professional office hours of 7:00AM to 4:00PM Alaska Time Monday through Friday.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office version 10 (MSWord, MSExcel, MSOutlook, MSPowerpoint)
- Trust, Accounting, Legal and/or Paralegal experience is a plus. The Company will specifically train in this area.
- Attention to detail. We aim to provide our clients with timely and accurate information. This position will be working with many different clients and must be able to recall the details of each individual matter.
- Ability to provide and accept feedback to continually enhance the efficiency and work product of the trust administration department.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills with existing team members, clients and their advisors.
- Abide by all Company Policies & Procedures and leverage existing desk manuals as needed to perform job functions.
- Professional degrees and experience are desired, but not required. We are more interested in finding someone who seeks a long-term position, has a positive attitude and desires to grow with the company.
- Ability to interact productively with internal compliance personnel and government regulators as needed.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all records and data received and produced.
- Support Peak Trust Company’s goals and values.
- Participate in business development activities and align work to strategic goals.
- Follow policies and procedures and participate in discussions to improve such policies and procedures.
- Draft correspondence and other documents.
- Report to work on time and attend all meetings and required training.
- Reports any customer suspected of suspicious activity immediately to the BSA/Compliance Officer.
- Perform the position safely, without endangering health or safety to you or to others, report potentially unsafe conditions, and comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations, and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Peak’s office environment is a non-confined setting in which employees are free to move about at will. Smoking is not allowed in the building.
The successful applicant for this position will spend time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 25 pounds), carrying, seeing, sitting, pulling walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The successful applicant for this position will operate any or all of the following: telephone, copy and fax machines, scanner, computer and printers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position may require travel.
A Trust Assistant will report to one or more Trust Officers and/or the Chief Fiduciary Officer.
Peak provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Peak complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Peak expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Please note that this job description is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of a Trust Officer. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.