Full Time Front Desk Receptionist - $16 - $19/hr.
Provides administrative and coordination support for the Executive Director, and assists in developing, planning, preparing, and administratively coordinating a wide variety of activities for the Senior Activity Center.
I. Reporting Relationships
- A. Reports to: Communication & Development Director
- B. Supervises: None
II. Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet visitors and provide information on activities; direct all incoming telephone calls to the appropriate office or telephone station
- Assist members and visitors with sign-in/screening procedure as necessary
- Assist and direct visitors and members to the right department, event or venue
- Answer visitors and members inquiries regarding ASAC programs
- Answer 8-line telephone system and make appropriate transfer of calls. Maintain phone records as required ·
- Take and transfer accurate messages – via email whenever possible
- Be familiar with members riding buses to and from ASAC and assist them with the schedules
- Maintain reception area in an organized, non-cluttered fashion
- Be familiar with and abide by the ASAC Staff Manual
- Respond to emergency situations in accordance with ASAC Staff Handbook
- Abide by the conditions of the Employee Confidentiality Agreement
- Demonstrate maturity, dependability, judgment and empathy in the performance of assigned duties
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with the ASAC Staff Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) Prefer two (2) years’ experience as a receptionist
- Ability to greet ASAC visitors in a friendly, welcoming manner and to convey accurate ASAC activity information
- Demonstrate maturity, dependability, judgment and empathy in the performance of duties
- Ability to learn how to use the telephone “switchboard” accurately and answer calls in a friendly, helpful, professional manner
- Neat in appearance and attire; must be punctual
- Excellent interpersonal relations ability with a wide range of people
- Calm, deliberate demeanor: able to make quick judgments and decisions regarding unforeseen event
- Ability to organize actions in the event of an emergency
- Ability to take direction well and be a team player
- Must exercise discretion and good judgment
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of office procedures and practices. Capable of operating basic office equipment (ex. computers, word processing programs; Xerox, calculator, postage meter. Minimum of 50-60 wpm accurate typing
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively on a one-to-one and group basis.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask and meet project deadlines.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and committees.
- Exhibit professional decision-making skills.
- Must be or become first aid and CPR certified.
Work is performed in a standard office environment with regular hours of work. At certain times of the year, work environment may become moderate to fast-paced. The employee is often required to stand, walk and stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Work may require occasional after hour and/or weekend work. Attendance at meetings outside normal office hours will occasionally be required. Work outside regular hours necessary if workload or emergencies require. Occasional travel required. Must have valid driver’s license.
It is ASAC’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
(EEO) ASAC is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. ASAC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ASAC conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Successful applicant agrees to and must pass a criminal background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $19.00 per hour