thread Finance Associate
The Finance Associate provides support to the CFO in completing and processing Finance Department requirements. This position serves as the first point of contact for payroll, 941s, and W-2s.
- Process agency semi-monthly payroll, including quarterly tax return (941’s), SUTA reports, and year end W-2’s reconciliation and processing. Process payroll allocations.
- Shared Finance Department Filing.
- Assists with year-end audit, and monitoring visits by grantors and auditors, including assisting with pre-audit schedules and documents and other necessary preparation for external and internal audits.
- Provide support to the CFO/Finance Director for specific projects.
- Financial records retention policy maintenance and implementation.
- Assist with transition to electronic record system.
- Maintain Fixed Asset schedule tracking.
- Maintain Monthly Investment Account Tracker.
- Maintain workers compensation payroll tracker and prepare annual audit schedules.
- Month end reconciliation of copier and postage use and petty cash activity.
- Serve as a backup for A/P and other duties of the department when staff is absent.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- Prior experience with bookkeeping and payroll required.
- Prior experience working in a non-profit preferred.
- Prior experience working with QuickBooks Software and Microsoft Office Software (specifically Excel) preferred.
- Professional references and valid identification required.
- Through knowledge of basic accounting procedures and understanding of GAAP
- Must pass background check.
- Strong computer/data entry skills required, strong knowledge of QuickBooks non-Profit Software and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically proficiency with Excel.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Time management skills with emphasis on maintaining deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of providers, parents, staff and members of the community.
- Demonstrated proficiency in following Department of labor, IRS and finance policies, procedures and regulations.
Position Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Location: 3350 Commercial Dr. Ste 203 Anchorage, AK 99501
Position Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week
Classification: Non-Exempt, Permanent
Supervisor: CFO/ Finance Director
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Finance Associate" in the subject line. Open until filled.