Part Time Accounts Payable Clerk - $16 - $20/hr.
- Position reports to and works directly with the Finance/Administration Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties typical of accounts payable clerk positions
- Reconciliation of credit card deposits
- Receipt of daily payments from members and vendors
- Verify membership status when receiving payments
- Responsible for petty cash fund
- Prepare activities event cash banks
- Assist kitchen staff with required physical inventory of supplies and prepare resultant summary reports.
- Maintain ticket sales and records for various activities and events as assigned.
- Perform miscellaneous accounting office support functions such as copying and filing of documents
- Be neat in personal appearance and attire
- Must be punctual
- Perform other reasonable related duties assigned or required by supervisor
- Be familiar with and abide by the ASAC Staff Handbook
- Demonstrate maturity, dependability, judgment and empathy in the performance of assigned duties
- Abide by the conditions of the Employee Confidentiality Agreement
- Respond to emergency situations in accordance with ASAC’s policies and procedures
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Basic knowledge of accounting procedures
- Knowledge of quick-books or ability to learn
- Strong computer skills; ability with Word and Excel
- Detail oriented with an ability to accurately and consistently post account numbers
- Ability to work closely with others
- Ability to manage workload, meet deadlines and multi-task
- Must have a valid Alaska driver’s license
- Must be first aid and CPR certified
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Moderate stress may occur as this is a fast paced company, particularly during closing periods. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Work may require occasional weekend work.
It is ASAC’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
ASAC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Successful applicant agrees to and must pass a criminal background check.
Currently building is open for appointments only. We are slowly adding onsite availability for our members.