Position: Finance Director
Pay Range: DOE + Relocation offered
Unique opportunity in a unique Alaskan location! This position reports to the City Manager and is responsible for a variety of complex supervisory, professional, administrative, and technical accounting and financial functions. The role supervises all accounting activity of the City (financial reporting, budget preparation, billing, and collections) and also oversees data processing, information systems and purchasing for the City. The position has direct supervision of four staff members. If you have the listed qualifications and you’re ready for something different, send your resume to email@example.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of eight years of professional government experience, including at least three years in financial management or related field
- Minimum of five years of supervisory level experience
- Minimum three years executive management level experience
- Extensive knowledge of current governmental accounting
- Strong knowledge of public finance and fiscal planning
- Ability to identify training needs and programs to improve professional skills
- Solid work history with demonstrated longevity
- City or fisheries experience
- Skilled in directing departmental activities
- Valid Alaska driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
- Licensed CPA
- Five years of progressively responsible municipal finance work
- Graduate degree in related field (finance, business, or public administration) preferred; a graduate education may be substituted for some required experience
PLEASE NOTE: ALL JOBS ARE ON-SITE UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
Alaska Executive Search provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Alaska Executive Search matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED