$78,423+ DOE & excellent benefits package
Homegrown Alaskan communications company, located in spectacular Valdez.
We’d love to find someone who has an in-depth understanding of accounting fundamentals and is a self-starter with outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Ideally, you have keen attention to detail, and experience supervising other staff. That you have an analytical mind goes without saying; prior telecom and/or regulatory experience a plus!
If you qualify please apply here or email your resume to peopleak.com today!
Would you like to:
- Supervise daily activities of Accounting department employees by managing workflow and employee scheduling, checking work for accuracy, ensuring appropriate staff levels, counseling and encouraging employee growth, training employees, and answering employee questions.
- Oversee processing of accounts payable to ensure accurate and timely payments, filings, and completion of required IRS forms.
- Oversee processing of payroll to ensure accurate and timely payments, accuracy of benefit calculations, and accurate and timely filing of required state and federal reporting.
- Ensure work orders are maintained and closed on a current basis, and continuing property records are accurate and current.
- Maintain perpetual inventory system. Recommend and implement procedures to maintain adequate inventory control and accountability.
- Ensure timely completion of Carrier Access Billings in accordance with NECA and AECA tariffs and processes. Monitors CABS information for irregularities.
- Ensure all financial statements are completed in a timely and accurate manner and that all required reports are filed in a timely manner. Prepare monthly financial analyses.
- Assist with various activities including preparation of annual capital credit allocations, processing of retirement checks, and preparation of information for cost separation studies.
- Monitor operating cash levels.
- Ensure required pay telephone service reports are completed in a timely manner. Perform analyses of pay stations for profitability.
- Ensure efficient department operations by maintaining equipment and maintaining adequate levels of materials and supplies.
- Maintain budgetary tracking mechanisms. Prepare necessary support information for budget formulation.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by management
Ideally you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- At least one year of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of FCC Uniform System of Accounts, cost separation processes, and NECA and AECA procedures.
- Knowledge of Rural Utilities Service procedures and manuals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, PC operating software, AS400 applications software, and data extraction methods
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computers, postage machines, copiers, shredders, various software programs, email, and telephone systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Skill in reading and interpreting financial statements.
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to type and enter data for long periods of time.
- Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
PeopleAK is here for you!
Our recruiters have over 50 years of combined experience placing candidates in rewarding roles. This is a free service for job seekers. Contact us today!